1983 Little Harbor 44' (13.41 m) CC
Oxford, Maryland, United States
Flag of Registry: United States
- Center Cockpit
- Fiberglass Hull
"Atalanta" is an exceptionally lovely vessel. She is 1 of only 6 center cockpit Little Harbors built. Her original owner was Ted Hood himself and he had her from 1983 to 1986 and was called "Robin Too". These boats were built to cruise in comfort and her interior joinery is not found on boats today. Her versatile design gives her shoal draft ability for the Bahama's, the inland coastal waterway, and gunk holing in the Chesapeake. With the Board down she stiffens up and is capable of offshore sailing to the Caribbean or around the world. Her mast is 61' and will clear the bridges down the inland coastal waterway.
"Atalanta" is easily handled by one person with her electric furling Hood main sail and electric primary winches. All sail control lines lead back to her large, comfortable center cockpit. She has received many upgrades with her present owner with a new 110HP Yanmar dsl installed in 2015, New 6.5KW generator in 2013, updated electronics, Barrier coated bottom 2015 and a totally complete awlgrip including her hull, non-skid, cockpit, and coach roof in 2016. She is a true "Head Turner".
"Atalanta" has been maintained and sailed by a meticulous and experienced Yachtsman. She is outfitted and ready to cruise where ever your heart desires. Her shoal draft and 61' mast is Inland Coastal Highway capable! She is located in Oxford, MD and available by appointment only. Contact Laird Larrimore for more information. Don't pass this beauty by!
LOA: 44' (13.41 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 13' 8''
LWL: 36' 6''
Draft Max: 10' 2''
Draft Min: 5'
Cruise Speed: 7 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Shape: Monohull
Bridge Clearance: 61'
Fuel Tank: 85 Gallons (321.76 Liters)
Fresh Water: 170 Gallons (643.52 Liters)
Holding Tank: 50 Gallons (189.27 Liters)
Displacement: 32500 lbs
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4HJ4-HTE
- Engine Year: 2015
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 110.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
The forward cabin has a V-berth with filler, which forms a generous-sized Queen. There is a large hanging locker to port and starboard, plus storage lockers over each berth. She has excellent ventilation from an overhead hatch as well as opening ports.
The forward head, to starboard, has access from the forward cabin and the main salon. This head area includes an electric/manual toilet, sink, shower and good locker space. Opening hatch and port add light and ventilation.
The main salon has an expandable transom berth to port with storage lockers and bookshelves. Opposite, to starboard, is an L-shaped settee with a teak L-shaped dining table. There is a flat screen TV over the center of the settee for excellent visibility from anywhere in the salon, Nav. station and galley. She has a mix between the traditional wood interior and the Herreshoff design with light bulkheads. It lends to a brighter yet warm interior. All the salon cushions have been recently recovered, as well as foam replaced, in a lovely linen Sunbrella (some photos show the covers used to protect the cushions as well as the new covers). From her solid teak and holly sole to the craftsmanship of her interior cabinetry one cannot help but see what sets the Little Harbor above so many other builders.
The nav station is located in the starboard aft corner of the main salon with all electronics built in, a good chart table and storage for nautical publications.
There are two passageways leading aft to the owner's cabin. Off the Starboard passageway, aft, is the owner's head with electric fresh water toilet and stall shower. The galley is located in the Port passageway. The entire galley is done in the Herreshoff style and lightens up the passageway to the master cabin.
The owner's aft cabin has a double plus berth to starboard and a single berth to port, which, when a filler is put into place, creates a huge sleeping area. There are numerous lockers, hanging lockers, overhead hatch and opening ports..
Little Harbor's attention to detail and fine joinerwork is evident. Danish stainless cabin lamps, teak joinery, oscillating cabin fans, curtains and throw pillows create a warm, comfortable feeling belowdecks. Numerous dorade vents provide natural ventilation, and (2) units, reverse cycle air conditioning that supplies the whole vessel.
The galley is to port of the companionway and leads aft to the Master Stateroom allowing for a working area on both sides of the galley.
- Double stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressure water
- Dickinson Propane Stainless steel 3 burner stove with oven with broiler
- Refrigeration - very large chest and separate from the freezer
- New freezer including second Sea Frost compressor (2013) water cooled
- Spice rack
- Bottle storage
- Tons of counter space for food prep
- Plenty of storage space for long journeys or living aboard
Hull and Deck
Lovely Stars and Stripes blue Awlgripped hull with a double white boot stripe and gold cove stripe along and under her rub rail. Awlgripped white coach top and cockpit with a nice light grey non-skid on the coach top. She was taken down, faired and completely repainted in 2016. Her bottom (under the water line) was re-faired and barrier coated in 2015.
She was built from a molded one piece, hand-laid Airex cored hull with teak decks. Internal lead ballast cast in place and covered with fiberglass. Solid teak exterior and interior trim and cabinetry. Centerboard with bronze shoe (5' with board up and 10' with board down). Solid teak toe rail, handrails, eyebrow, dorade boxes, cockpit table and cockpit combing caps.
- Stainless steel bow and stern rail with side stanchions and double life lines and gates port, starboard and aft.
- 4 stainless steel dorades with stainless steel guards.
- 14 opening ports
- 4 hatches
- Life raft (Viking 4 person offshore) New 2018
- Teak decks
- 6 dock lines
- 4 fenders with covers "Atalanta"
- boat hook
- Magma propane grill
- custom flag pole
- Outboard lift
- Stainless steel stemhead fitting with anchor roller and mooring fairleads
- Lewmar V3 windlass (new in 2021)
- 55lb Rocna anchor (New 2018)
- 35 Danforth anchor
- 20 Danforth anchor
- 100' of chain (new 2015)
- 150' of rode
- Portable Edson boarding step
- Stainless steel stern, bow and spring line chocks
- Stainless swim ladder
- 2 - 10lb propane tanks (with new regulator and controls 2019)
- Leather wrapped stainless steering wheel 36"
- Saltwater washdown forward
- Fresh water aft
- Emergency tiller
- Docking and anchoring gear/equipment
- 2 MOB throw device
Sails and Rigging
- Double spreader sloop rig (refurbed and rewired 2019)
- Hood Stowaway spar with electric drive (New Mast motor installed in 2021)
- Harken roller-furling for headsail
- Standing rigging and turnbuckles (new 2019)
- Running rigging replaced (2019)
- Spinnaker pole on mast on a track
- (2) Barient #32 self-tailing electric primary winches
- (2) Barient #27 self-tailing winches
- (2) Barient #23 Seft-tailing winches
- Merriman centerboard winch
- Quantum Mainsail (2008)
- Quantum 130% genoa (2008)
- A-symetrical spinnaker (lightly used)
- New Lifeline 4D batteries (4) (2017)
- New Magma inverter/charger (2000W) (2018)
- Completely rewired battery banks (2018)
- D400 Wind Generator (2015) - with integrated engine lift for outboard
- LED lights throughout cabin (2013)
- Soft Start added to HVAC (2019)
- Fisher Panda 6.5KW generator (2013)
- 125 amp alternator on Yanmar
- 30 series engine start battery
- 120 volt and 50 amp shore power cord, multiple adaptors
- Cable for TV inlet
- Engine compartment blower
- Navigation lights
- Spreader lights, deck lights
- Electric panel by Little Harbor
- AC outlets throughout below deck and at binnacle
- There are USB plugs installed throughout the vessel
- Yanmar new in 2015 - upgraded to 110HP
- 3-blade Maxprop completely rebuilt by Maxprop in 2019
- Re-built transmission in 2019
- Zantrex battery monitoring system
- Wind generator (D400 new 2013)
- 4 bilge pumps - 2 manual and 2 electric
- Macerator pumps for blackwater system (2)
- Freshwater pump for hot and cold pressure water system (New 2017)
- Macerator pumps for sinks
- Spectra Watermaker (300 gallons a day)
Additional Equipment and Upgrades
- New interior custom cushions (2018)
- Replaced cockpit bimini, dodger and sides (2014) refurbished in (2019) removable full enclosure
- New cockpit cushion covers (2017)
- Water pumps throughout replaced
- New Viking 4 person offshore life raft (2018)
- Spectra water maker (2013) and complete rebuild (2017) - 14 gal per hour, 12V
- New Raritan Elegance Head (vacuflush) (2013)
- Washdown pump installed (2013)
- New hot water heater (2013)
- LED lights throughout (2013)
- New macerator for galley sink
- Complete revarnish of exterior teak (2019)
- New centerboard cable (2018)
- New steering cable (2018)
- Yacht Specialties Steering with Morse controls mounted on pedestal for helm and cockpit table
- Raymarine Digital Radar (24mile) New 2015
- Raymarine C-95 Chartplotter (new 2015)
- AIS Transponder
- Icom VHF (new 2018)
- Raymarine ST60 autopilot with remote handset
- Raymarine ST-60 instruments (Depth, speed and Wind)
- Clock and barometer
- Compass at helm
- DC outlets at binnacle and nav station
- Visio 32" Smart TV in salon (new 2020)
- Fusion Am/Fm/MP3 stereo
- 2 Bose speaker
- 2 Polk Audio speakers
- Personal items
Brewer Yacht Sales-Earning Your Business One Boat at a Time
Brewer Yacht Sales has been a trusted name in the yacht brokerage industry for over 25 years. Specializing in both used power and sailboats, most of our brokers have earned their Certified Professional Yacht Broker, (CPYB) accreditation and all are proud members of the Yacht Brokers Association of America (YBAA). Whether buying or selling, our professional sales team is ready to exceed your expectations at our conveniently located East Coast offices.
Buying Your Vessel With Brewer Yacht Sales
Our Yacht Sales Professionals share your passion for the boating lifestyle. Our brokers work with a network of contacts, establish value, negotiate on your behalf, safeguard funds in separate escrow accounts, provide an ethical atmosphere for the transaction, and build relationships. We specialize in both power and sailboats up to 100', with experience selling all major brands including Sea Ray, Viking Princess, Tiara Yachts, Sabre, Hunter, Beneteau, Tartan, and more.
Brewer Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Want more information?
The water has always been a part of my life since learning to sail aboard a Sailfish while vacationing in Chatham, Massachusetts. At twelve, I graduated to Penguins and 420’s at the Tred Avon Yacht Club in Oxford, Maryland. My parents always belonged to the Corinthian Yacht Club in Philadelphia and I often accompanied them on cruises aboard a Hinckley Bermuda 40 that we cruised in the Chesapeake.
Understanding banking after working 12 years for Loyola Savings and Loan of Maryland, I helped navigate the purchase of a 32’ Pearson Vanguard for a friend and taught him to sail. Loving the idea of sharing my passion for boating, I joined Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales (in what is now Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and Marina) in 1990 and worked as a broker for fifteen years.
In 1993, Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales became a dealer for Sabre and Back Cove Motor Yachts and I acquired an understanding and respect for powerboats. I worked closely with the boatyard commissioning new vessels and working as a liaison between new owners and the marina. I have an intimate understanding of the boat buying process - how to guide new owners through surveys, sea trials, registration, and documentation.
I love all boats and each one has its own quality. Though I would consider myself a traditionalist in boat design, I like what the new designs offer in comfort and ability.
When not talking boats, my husband (of 25 years) and I live in Easton, Maryland. My husband is the rigging supervisor at Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and our daughter works at the marina full time, having graduated from Washington College in 2020. She earned her Teaching Certification and is applying for a teaching position in English.
I am starting my 4th year as a broker with Brewer Yacht Sales and in addition to my office at Safe Harbor Zahniser’s in Solomon’s, Maryland I now have an office at Safe Harbor Oxford. This enables me to cover the territory from the Eastern Shore to Solomon’s Island and everything in between.
I look forward to speaking with you and sharing my passion for boats. Let me help you find the perfect yacht or support and guide you in the sale of your existing vessel!