1981 Tayana 50' (15.24 m) Flying Dutchman 12
Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
A recent survey of "Aurora" is available for inspection by interested & qualified buyers
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: TYA510210881
Only One Available On the East Coast!
The Flying Dutchman 12 is a sought-after classic design from the golden days of Tayana - stable, comfortable, beautiful, and ergonomic. She boasts a first-rate interior finish, large tankage, abundant storage and many amenities normally found on larger yachts. Notably, she has the desirable 3-cabin layout, and a custom 63ft mast which means she is ICW-capable.
Official Number: 671519
LOA: 50' 4'' (15.34 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 14' 3''
Draft Min: 6' 6''
Double Berths: 3
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Shape: Monohull
Fuel Tank: 200 Gallons (757.08 Liters)
Fresh Water: 190 Gallons (719.23 Liters)
Holding Tank: 40 Gallons (151.42 Liters)
Displacement: 37175 lbs
Ballast Weight: 14350 lbs
Builder: Ta Yang Yacht Building Co
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4JH 4 - TE
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 75.00
- Power KW: 55.93
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 454.30
- Hours Date: 05-18-2022
- Serial Number: E11821
- Generator Make: Phasor
- Generator Model: K3
- Generator KW: 7.00
- Generator Hours: 96.10
- Generator Date Hours Recorded: 05/18/2022
- New lead acid house and start batteries
- New cookstove
- New bottom paint
- Dutchman flaking system for mainsail
- New, custom, heavy-duty rudder
- New, custom, upsized 316L SS chainplates
- New cockpit cushions
- Primary and secondary winches re-chromed
- NEW mainsheet winch
- (4) New Lewmar 40 ST winches on mast
- (2) Johnson 4000 high-capacity bilge pumps with ULTRA switches
- New Kisae 3000 inverter/charger
- New battery switches and voltage switching relay
- Spectra jack-line w Dacron sun cover
- (4) New Harken jack-line pad-eyes
- New Bimini frame and canvas
- New Cockpit canvas covers for brightwork
- Additional jib tracks were added for more sheet positioning options
- New Standard Horizon GX2150 Matrix AIS+ VHF radio at Nav Station
- Command mic at helm pedestal
- Vesper x8000 AIS transponder/receiver
- New masthead VHF antenna
- New HD mainsheet blocks
- New pumps for both Jabsco heads
- USB charging points installed throughout the boat
- New Yanmar 75HP diesel engine
- New Raymarine electronic instruments
- New Phasor diesel genset w/quiet water exhaust system
- New electric distribution panel, most DC and AC wiring replaced or updated
- New standing rigging and running rigging
- Mast removed, fully disassembled, painted, mast-step reconditioned 2013
- New Cruisair reverse-cycle AC
- New Technautics Blue fridge/freezer
- New multilayer tempered glass fixed port lights with extra lenses
- New mainsail and jib from SuperSails, Ft Lauderdale
- New Doyle stack pack
- Tides Marine frictionless mainsail track
- Deck, topsides, and bilges were all repainted
- Fuel tanks replaced (100 gal ea., aluminum)
- New Profurl HD jib and staysail furlers
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Brewer Yacht Sales-Earning Your Business One Boat at a Time
Brewer Yacht Sales has been a trusted name in the yacht brokerage industry for over 25 years. Specializing in both used power and sailboats, most of our brokers have earned their Certified Professional Yacht Broker, (CPYB) accreditation and all are proud members of the Yacht Brokers Association of America (YBAA). Whether buying or selling, our professional sales team is ready to exceed your expectations at our conveniently located East Coast offices.
Buying Your Vessel With Brewer Yacht Sales
Our Yacht Sales Professionals share your passion for the boating lifestyle. Our brokers work with a network of contacts, establish value, negotiate on your behalf, safeguard funds in separate escrow accounts, provide an ethical atmosphere for the transaction, and build relationships. We specialize in both power and sailboats up to 100', with experience selling all major brands including Sea Ray, Viking Princess, Tiara Yachts, Sabre, Hunter, Beneteau, Tartan, and more.
Brewer Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Want more information?
1 Port Royal Landing Dr.
Port Royal South Carolina 29935 United States
Email: [email protected]