1991 Hans Christian 45' (13.72 m) Independence 45
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
SOLEIL DU NORD
Flag of Registry: United States
- Fiberglass Hull
The SOLEIL DU NORD is a 1991 model Hans Christian Yachts Independence 45 Pilothouse Trawler. She is hull #18 of this model series and was the last of Hans Christian Yachts-produced "'45's". She has a single FORD / PERKINS SABRE 225L TI turbocharged diesel rated at 221 HP with which she'll cruise comfortably at 8.5 knots and burn only 2.75 GPH!
Purchased as a new ordered yacht by very experienced Owners, the SOLEIL DU NORD is a fine example of a lightly-used & well-maintained quality cruising yacht. This Independence 45 was built to the highest standards by Hans Christian Yachts from a collaborative design by James Backus & Gary Grant and with excellent workmanship & materials. The SOLEIL DU NORD does have the prerequisite inventory that one would expect to find aboard as a review of the Listing will certainly illustrate.
The SOLEIL DU NORD is offered for brokerage sale as the Owner has opted to move on after some 29 years of enjoyment that included some extended cruising. Presently at her Yard in the lower CT area, she's available to view by appointment. Any prospects that are qualified for the SOLEIL DU NORD will not fail to be impressed with her attributes, pedigree and capabilities. As she's one of the best choices for power cruising on the market today, appointments for viewings are certainly to be encouraged.
The SOLEIL DU NORD is currently located at her Winter Storage facility in Norwalk, CT.
LOA: 44' 6'' (13.56 Meters)
Type: Power- Used
Beam: 14' 6''
LWL: 40' 10''
Draft Max: 4' 9''
Draft Min: 4' 6''
Maximum Speed: 10 Knots
Cruise Speed: 8 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Shape: Semi Displacement
Bridge Clearance: 13' 6''
Fuel Tank: 600 Gallons (2271.25 Liters)
Fresh Water: 300 Gallons (1135.62 Liters)
Holding Tank: 40 Gallons (151.42 Liters)
Dry Weight: 36000
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Ford/Perkins
- Engine Model: Sabre 225L TI Turbo 6 cylinder
- Engine Year: 1991
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 221.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 2115.00
Hull & Deck
The Hans Christian Independence 45 is constructed with a sold fiberglass hull below the waterline. The outer laminates have Vinylester laminates & resin for osmotic blistering protection. The hull has a double foam sandwich core from approximately 6" above the waterline to the deck-hull joint area.
- Length of Hull: 44'-6"
- Length Overall: 48'-6" (note: including swim platform)
- The structural reinforcement stringer sections in the hull are cored for additional strength.
- The hull layup schedule consists of up to 24 layers of 24 oz. woven roving and 1.5 oz mat.
- There are internal steel plates incorporated for equipment-mounting.
- Large stainless steel chafe plate for bow area to provide protection from ground tackle contact
- Long full-run tapered keel underbody
- Single hung bronze rudder secured with a heavy-duty bronze shoe.
- Rub rail, full-length, molded-in fiberglass w/ striker plate
- Cap rails, teak, varnished
- Swim platform
The SOLEIL DU NORD was AWLGRIPPED in 2001.
- OYSTER WHITE Topsides
- DARK GREEN Boot-top
- BLACK bottom paint
- WHITE Gelcoat finish
- Molded non-skid w/ "diamond" pattern
- Foam-core deck w/ extra layers of fiberglass for major stress points
- Deck / Hull Joint thru-bolted on 6" centers
- (4) Deck prisms for enhanced interior ambient lighting
- (2) Sets Bollards forward, stainless steel
- (4) Mooring cleats, 10" amidships, stainless steel
- (4) Mooring cleats, 10", stern, stainless steel
- Bulwarks forward approximately 30" high
- (4) Deck scupper drains, large, for Foredeck area
- Rails & stanchions provide approximately 35-36" vertical protection
- (2) Boarding gates, port & starboard (note: upper section is rail, lower section 1x19 coated wire w/ Pelican hooks)
- Side decks start just abaft of the Pilothouse doors and are approximately 22-24" in width
- (2) Storage lockers, port & starboard (note: both sides of the PH doors on side decks)
- Molded bow pulpit w/ (2) integral bow rollers, stainless steel
- (6) Deck hatches w/ aluminum frames w/ teak-framed screens (note: to include Deck, Boat Deck & Pilothouse)
- Screens for all hatches, teak-framed, removable
- (4) Opening ports, stainless steel frames w/ screens
- (6) Dorade ventilators w/ cowl vents, stainless steel (note: to include Boat Deck)
Boat / Bridge Deck
- Dimensions: approximately 13' long x 12' wide
- Access ladder w/ (5) steps w/ teak treads from Aft Deck or (2) molded in steps from the Pilothouse side deck
- Aluminum mast, folding (note: a) mount area for antennas, radome, Nav lights, Boat Deck light & signal flags & pennants from mini-spreaders & b) bridge clearance about 14.5' when mast is down)
- Stanchions & railing (about 32" high)
- Custom safety netting rigged throughout (note: see photos)
- Dinghy storage area, starboard side
- Gate in railing to facilitate dinghy launch & retrieval
- Dimensions: approximately 5' long x 12' wide
- Headroom is about 6'4" to the Boat Deck above
- Locker / seat, port side; the port locker can hold (2) 20# propane tanks
- Seat, starboard side, teak
- Large Dutch Door (27"x 69") for entrance to Main Salon
- Large Lazarette locker
- Teak decking
- Transom door to swim platform
- Swim ladder, folding, stainless steel
The Pilothouse / Helm Station area is fully-enclosed. It is accessed via (3) steps on the starboard side from the Main Salon as well as the (2) side doors. .
- Headroom 6-5" to 6'-8"
- Entry & exit via (2) large "swing-out" doors (22-24" wide), port & starboard, w/ heavy-duty securing dogs, upper & lower
- (3) Windshield sections forward, tempered glass
- (3) Windshield wipers, (2) speed, electric
- (2) Opening hatches on PH roof
- (2) Large opening portlights located aft
- (2) Large fixed portlights, tempered glass, port & starboard
- Access to Boat Deck / Bridge via (2) molded steps
- Large PH seat / settee (note: over 6' in width & makes into double berth)
- Teak table, (2) section folding for extended PH seat w/ (2) supports, stainless steel
Helm Station, PH
- Wheel steering, CAPILANO hydraulic w/ teak rim wheel (note: steering cylinder new, 2020)
- Emergency tiller (note: access in Aft Deck area)
- (2) Helm chairs, folding, wood
- Engine controls, MORSE dual-lever
- Engine instrumentation panel (oil pressure, temperature, RPM, hour meter & voltmeter) w/ alarm speaker
- HART SYSTEMS "Tank Tender" quantity monitoring system
- Navigation electronics & displays
- C.PLATH compass, 5"
- Horn, BUELL dual trumpet (note: mounted exterior)
- Controls for MAXWELL 3500 windlass, remote
The SOLEIL DU NORD features the outstanding Hans Christian Yachts teak interior joinery w/ satin finish for which the Company was famous!
The overhead sections are finished w/ white-painted wood slats applications.
- Dimensions: 12' long by 14.5' wide
- Large opening windows, sliding to open, UV-prevention tinted
- Mini-Blinds for windows, aluminum, throughout
- "L" Shaped settee to port w/ adjustable teak table (note: per the Owner, can make into a "small double" but never used as such)
- (2) Barrel chairs, starboard side w/ drawer storage
- Light Beige / Cream Leather upholstery for settee & barrel chairs
- Custom decor curtains throughout
- (5) Custom decor throw-pillows
- Teak & Holly cabin sole (note: solid teak w/ holly inlay & all sections are end-capped)
- Engine room access; (9) cabin sole hatches w/ oversize hinges & heavy-duty support springs
- (1) Set of "swing up" stairs in the forward part of the Salon (note: at the entrance to the passageway to the Master Stateroom & Heads)
- Headroom: 6'4"
- Large "centerline" Queen berth
- (2) Hanging lockers
- Drawer storage
- Book shelves
- (2) Deck prisms
- (2) Deck hatches
- (3) Opening ports
The SOLEIL DU NORD was ordered with a custom Guest Stateroom arrangement that included the incorporation of (1) berth, a dressing table / desk and additional storage vis a (2) single berth layout.
- Headroom: 6'4"
- (1) Single berth, approx 6'6" long by 28" wide (note: can convert to a double berth)
- (1) Desk / Dressing Table
- (2) Settees, small
- Overhead book storage rack, teak
- Hanging locker & drawer storage
- (2) Opening ports
The Independence 45 has a "Galley Up" configuration that is "U" shaped, port side forward..
- Headroom: 6'6" to 6'9" (note: as with the Salon)
- FORCE 10 Stove / Oven, propane (LPG), (3) burner
- Stove / oven well, stainless-steel lined
- XINTEX Propane Management Panel w/ remote gas shut-off solenoid switch
- SUB-ZERO Refrigeration, dual voltage, 12VDC / 110 VAC, stainless steel finish
- Microwave oven, GOLDSTAR
- Icemaker (note: via Refrig but also separate ICER-ETTE stainless steel unit located in Salon)
- Exhaust fan w/ sprayer unit
- Double sinks, stainless steel
- GROHE single-level faucet w/ sprayer unit
- Assorted galleyware
- SEALAND VacuFlush Marine Heads, fresh water service (note: (2) separate pumps, (1) for each Head)
- Type 1 MSD's w/ macerator & "Y" valve for overboard discharge
- Deck discharge / pump-out plate on deck, port side
- Holding Tank: (1) w/ 40 USG total capacity, stainless steel
- Pump for overboard discharge of the Holding Tank (note: per the Owner, "never used")
- SEALAND TankWatch Holding Tank Level Monitor
- GROHE fixtures
- Opening port, stainless steel
Guest / Day Head
- Shower w/ enclosure, tan tile-lined & w/ teak seat
- GROHE fixtures
- (2) Opening ports, stainless steel
- VHF, ICOM IC- M120
- RAYMARINE ST50 Depth Sounder
- RAYMARINE ST50 Speed / Log
- RAYMARINE Radar, SL72
- RAYMARINE 398 Vigil GPS / LORAN C
- C.PLATH Compass, 5"
- RAYMARINE ST7000
- TV / VCR
- SHARP AM / FM Stereo w/ (5) SONY speakers throughout
- Dockside cables for TV & telephone (note: connections starboard side amidships)
- Fresh water capacity: (300) USG w/ (2) tanks, stainless steel
- (2) Fresh water deck fill plates, stainless steel
- Hot & cold pressure water service throughout w/ SHURFLFO demand pump
- Hot water heater, (11) USG
- Dockside pressure water
- Wash down, fresh water
- Wash down, salt water
- PUR Water Maker PS80 (note: decommissioned)
- Raw water sea-cocks, bronze alloy ball valve type for thru-hull fittings throughout
- (3) Raw water strainers, bronze alloy with sight glass and underwater strainer screens for engine, generator and AC pump.
- Bilge pumps: (1) manual in Aft Deck area, (3) centrifugal electric / automatic in bilge
- Bilge High Water alarm
- Shower sump pump w/ gray water tank (note: overboard discharge)
- Air conditioning & heat, LUNAIRE MARINE w/ (2) zones & (3) air handlers, reverse-cycle
- Central Vacuum System, EUREKA
- Washer, MALBER P18 Compact
- SLEIPNER Side-Power (note: joy-stick controls at PH Helm Station)
The SOLEIL DU NORD has both a 12VDC Ship's Service and a 115VAC Shore Power System.
- Batteries, 12VDC, (6) flooded lead-acid; (2) 8D, (3) Group 27, (1) Group 24 for engine & generator start, house service & bow thruster (note: new, 2020)
- Shore Power, 30 AH w/ (2) 30 AH HUBBELL receptacles & (2) 50' 30 AH cords (note: located starboard side, amidships)
- BASS Electrical Panels (note: 12VDC & 115VAC & separate 115 VAC)
- Polarity Indicator
- Battery charger, PROMARINER ProNautic 1260 - 12VDC / 60 AH (new, 2020)
- Inverter, XANTREX 2012 SB
- Hours: 100 (note: estimated for a replacement unit as approximate but 1260 hours noted on generator's original hour meter)
- NORTHERN LIGHTS, 9.5 kW 60 Hz FWC (Model #M753W23) w/ S-3C Control Panel (note: newer unit & installation to replace the original genset as same make / model)
- Sound Shield Box for generator
- RACOR fuel filter
- Nav lights
- Boat Deck light
- (12) Dome overhead lights throughput
- (6) Reading lights, brass finish throughout
- (4) Swivel lights, adjustable (Master Cabin)
- Florescent light (Master Cabin Head)
- Courtesy lights, red safety, throughout
The SOLEIL DU NORD is powered by a single FORD / PERKINS SABRE 225L TI (6) cylinder Turbo Marine Diesel that's rated at 221 HP at 2500 RPM's. This classic 380 cu/in engine was marinized by SABRE ENGINES LTD of the UK.
The yacht's Engine Room is in outstanding condition and clearly has been well-maintained over the years.
- Engine Hours: 2,115 (approximate)
- Fuel Capacity: 600 USG
- Fuel Tanks: (5) Black Iron & sealed w/ fiberglass mat & expoxy
- (4) Deck fuel access plates, stainless steel (note: 1x port, 3x starboard)
- Propeller: (4) blade, 32" (reported), bronze
- Prop Shaft 2-1/4" stainless
- TIDES MARINE Dripless Shaft Seal System
- Shaft Strut: bronze
- Transmission: ZF w/ 2.04:1 Reduction (ZF Friedrichshafen ZF-68-A. new, 2020)
- Trim tabs
- SCENTRY Fume Detector
- CO2 Detector
- Bilge Blowers (2): 12 VDC, 200 CFM w/ 4" vents
- RACOR 900-MA Primary fuel filter -/water separator
- Secondary fuel filter - water separator (note: engine-mounted)
- Fuel Priming System: GROCO 12 VDC fuel priming pump
- Fire Suppression System, HALON 1301
- Insulated engine room
- MORSE Engine controls
- Electric / manual windlass, MAXWELL 3500, 12VDC w/ "up" & "down" foot controls located forward at the windlass & remote control at PH Helm Station
- Anchor, 70# (estimated) Danforth-style, stainless steel
- Anchor rode, 200'+ galvanized chain
Canvas (Light Beige SUNBRELLA)
- Bimini top w/ frame
- Hatch covers, external, throughout
- Windscreen & portlight covers for Pilothouse, external, throughout (note: 2x sets w/ one "new" with the 2nd set used for Winter Storage protection)
- (3) Screen sections, canvas w/ zip-out for Salon entrance & (2) Pilothouse doors
- ZEPPELIN Zulu Dinghy, 1996 inflatable w/ hard-bottom (approx. 9' LOA) (note: has custom cover, oars)
- Outboard motor, NISSAN 5 HP (approx. 1996)
- Davit, electric / manual
- (4) Dinghy deck supports, adjustable custom stainless steel
- Spotlight, RAY-LINE, remote-controlled
- Hailer (via VHF)
- Horn, BUELL dual trumpet-style
- WEEMS & PLATH matching clock & barometer, brass finish (note: mounted in PH area, aft)
- Docklines & fenders
- (2) Boat-hooks
- Deck chairs, wood, folding
- Teak table, folding w/ storage bag
- USCG Gear (no flares)
- Fire extinguishers
- Horseshoe life-rings, throwable
- Boat Deck netting for lifelines (note: Medium Blue, see photos)
- Owner personal possessions
- Misc decor items
- Art work & pictures
Brewer Yacht Sales- Earning Your Business One Boat at a Time
Brewer Yacht Sales has been a trusted name in the yacht brokerage industry for over 25 years. Specializing in both used power and sailboats, most of our brokers have earned their Certified Professional Yacht Broker, (CPYB) accreditation and all are proud members of the Yacht Brokers Association of America (YBAA). Whether buying or selling, our professional sales team is ready to exceed your expectations at our conveniently located East Coast offices.
Buying Your Vessel With Brewer Yacht Sales
Our Yacht Sales Professionals share your passion for the boating lifestyle. Our brokers work with a network of contacts, establish value, negotiate on your behalf, safeguard funds in separate escrow accounts, provide an ethical atmosphere for the transaction, and build relationships. We specialize in both power and sailboats up to 100', with experience selling all major brands including Sea Ray, Viking Princess, Tiara Yachts, Sabre, Hunter, Beneteau, Tartan, and more.
Brewer Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Want more information?
A true yacht sales professional, Randy started his yacht sales career in Connecticut some 50 years ago after a tour of duty as a Naval Aviator, then solo sailing the East Coast and down to the Islands. Randy is pleased to continue to offer his clients the accumulated experience garnered from a lifetime of boating as well as performing as a yacht broker, agent, dealer, and importer since 1973.
To date, Randy has completed over 975 new and brokerage yacht sales transactions on behalf of his clients! For new yacht sales, Randy has represented many of the best and most recognizable yacht manufacturers including Nautor’s Swan, Baltic Yachts, Contest Yachts, Grand Banks, Bertram, Hatteras, C&C, Pearson, Bristol Yachts, and J/Boats. With his extensive product knowledge, highly successful track record, fine reputation, and extensive Industry contacts, Randy will get the job done for his buyers and sellers alike.
To benefit from Randy’s extensive experience, you can contact him via his cell 203-512-0847 or via email at “[email protected]”. If you are one of Randy’s numerous past clients and would like to reacquaint, he would certainly like to hear from you!