1989 Hans Christian 48' (14.63 m) Christian 48
Friendship, Maryland, United States
Hans Christian Yachts commissioned renowned yacht architect Doug Peterson to design this Hans Christian Christina 48 sailboat. Peterson created this beautiful sailboat based on the concept of quality, comfort, and performance. Unlike other traditional Hans Christians, this is a fast cruising sailboa
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: XSA48003K089
- Mademoiselle is seriously for sale and the owner is willing to listen to all offers. He has graciously reduced her price again in hopes of finding someone who will love and enjoy what this vessel has to offer.
- Hans Christian Yachts commissioned renowned yacht architect Doug Peterson to design this Hans Christian Christina 48 sailboat. Peterson created this beautiful sailboat based on the concept of quality, comfort, and performance. Unlike other traditional Hans Christians, this is a fast cruising sailboat. Additionally, this sailboat boasts high-quality construction all the way from its exterior composition to its teakwood interior.
- She is located in Friendship, Md.
Official Number: 957992
LOA: 47' 9'' (14.55 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 13' 5''
Draft Max: 6'
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Finish: Awlgrip
Hull Shape: Monohull
Bridge Clearance: 64'
Fuel Tank: 148 Gallons (560.24 Liters)
Fresh Water: 124 Gallons (469.39 Liters)
Ballast Weight: 11890 lbs
Tender Registration: MD 8056 BZ
Photos click to view all
- Mademoiselle has a truly lovely interior with wha feels like two master suites. Her interior is warm and inviting yet quite bright with the large side windows and overhead hatches plus fixed forward cabin top windows. Beautiful teak cabinetry and woodwork throughout as well as a teak and holly sole. Her deep red tufted cushions give her an old world charm and comfort which is not found in boats today as well as compliment her teak woodwork.
- In the forepeake aft of the chain locker is the guest head. Fixed port lights brighten this area. Vanity with stainless steel sink, storage under, medicine cabinet, tiles shower area with teak seat, teak floor grate, storage outboard and toilet forward with lid.
- Aft of the head is the guest stateroom; To starboard she has a mirrored vanity with swing away seat, desk or makeup table and is flanked by two hanging lockers. Opposite to port is the double Pullman berth with drawers under and shelving outboard and to the foot of the berth with reading lights at the head. Here too there are multiple hatches and fixed ports for lots of light. Privacy door leads to the Main Salon.
- Moving aft we enter the salon; The salon is pacious, open and bright. Dorade vents, multiple opening hatches provide excellent ventilation.To port is a large U-shaped dinette and a fixed teak table with storage under, cabinets and shelf outboard, hatch overhead. To starboard is a settee with storage under cabinets and shelf outboard. Aft of the settee is a true navigation station with chair that swings under, drawers on either side of the chair, electronics outboard as well as the electric panel. The desk top is as long as a berth with flip up center compartment.
- Opposite the navigation station and to port of the companionway is the U-shaped Sea Galley. The Engine is in the center of the salon under the large seating area on the centerline.as well as the generator.
- From the navigation station one enters the true Master Stateroom. Here one is greeted by a centerline queen berth flanked by shelves and cabinets. On the starboard is also a bench seat and forward is the vanity/dressing table with mirror and swing away seat. Outboard to port is the private master head, hangin lockers are to starboard as you enter the stateroom. Large side windows supply light and there are also 3 opening ports.
- The center companionway leads to the T-shaped cockpit. She has nice wide side decks for ease in going forward. Her stepped transom makes boarding from a dinghy or swimming a pleasure with an attachable ladder. There is also additional storage on the stepped transom. This vessel has every conceivable option including a bow thruster generator, and air conditioning.
- The galley is quite large and can accommodate extended cruising. It has an abundance of counter space as well as storage. There are also grab rails designed into the fiddles around the galley counter. Lovely Marble counter top.
- Closed shelving outboard as well as under.Force 10 3 burner propane stove with oven
- Sea Frost refrigeration with separate freezer (top loading as well as front loading) both 120 volt and engine driven compressors.
- Teak spice rack
- Stone counter top
- Double stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressure water as well as hand pumps
- Raymarine Wiond, Speed and Depth i50/i60 (2018)
- Raymarine Auto pilot Acu400/P70/Evolution EV1 (2014)
- Raymarine Chart Plotters at Nav station and in Cockpit (2015)
- Raymarine Digital Radar (2010)
- Fusion Radio (2016)
- MFX speakers
- Icom ICM56 VHF/FM Radio
- Binnacle compass
- Radar Blipper, reflector
- Weems and Plath Clock and barometer
Sales and Rigging
- Aluminum spar stepped on the cabin with a stainless steel compression post.
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging
- Double spreaders on mast
- Cutter rigged with double roller furling for the headsails
- Profurl Roller furling for headsails
- Quantum Stack Pack Main with lazy jacks (newer)
- 120% Jib
- Yankee headsail
- Split back stay
- Barient #36 Self-tailing primary winches
- Barient #27 self-tailing secondary winches
- Barient #27 self0tailing cabintop winch
- Double stainless steel anchor roller on bow
- 45lb CQR anchor with all chain
- Maxwell 3500 electric windlass 12 volt
- Bow thruster
- Max prop 3 blade feathering prop
- Dodger (2016)
- Bimini (2016) with connector
- Awlgripped Flag Green hull (aprox 12 years ago)
- Teak decks
- Chrome cowl vents (4)
- 8 opening hatches
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with side stanchions and double life lines (gates port and starboard as well as in the aft pulpit for access to her stepped transom)
- Step up bridge deck for safety in a sea way.
- Substantial Teak toe rails
- Teak hand rails with canvas covers
- Canvas helm cover
- Teak steering wheel
- Dock lines
- Striker rail with stainless steel guard
- Canvas covers for hand rails
- Teak Cockpit Grate
- Canvas transom cover
- Mast Climber rig
Electrical and Mechanical
- Yanmar 77HP diesel engine with aprox. 5098 hrs
- Cruisair reverse cycle AC and heat, 18,000 BTU forward unit and 16,000 BTU aft unit (2013)
- Magnum Inverter/charger (2015)
- Balmar 110amp alternator plus new spare
- 110 volt shore power with cord
- Bilge alarm
- Oil change system
- Battery tender for 4-batteries
- Two - 4D house batteries
- One - 8D Bow thruster and windlass battery
- One - battery dedicated to the engine
- 5 - 12 volt interior fans
- Kerosene Hurricane lamp
- Spreader lights
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Additional Units included
2009 West Marine Inflatable
Brewer Yacht Sales-Earning Your Business One Boat at a Time
Brewer Yacht Sales has been a trusted name in the yacht brokerage industry for over 25 years. Specializing in both used power and sailboats, most of our brokers have earned their Certified Professional Yacht Broker, (CPYB) accreditation and all are proud members of the Yacht Brokers Association of America (YBAA). Whether buying or selling, our professional sales team is ready to exceed your expectations at our conveniently located East Coast offices.
Buying Your Vessel With Brewer Yacht Sales
Our Yacht Sales Professionals share your passion for the boating lifestyle. Our brokers work with a network of contacts, establish value, negotiate on your behalf, safeguard funds in separate escrow accounts, provide an ethical atmosphere for the transaction, and build relationships. We specialize in both power and sailboats up to 100', with experience selling all major brands including Sea Ray, Viking Princess, Tiara Yachts, Sabre, Hunter, Beneteau, Tartan, and more.
Brewer Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Want more information?
The water has always been a part of my life since learning to sail aboard a Sailfish while vacationing in Chatham, Massachusetts. At twelve, I graduated to Penguins and 420’s at the Tred Avon Yacht Club in Oxford, Maryland. My parents always belonged to the Corinthian Yacht Club in Philadelphia and I often accompanied them on cruises aboard a Hinckley Bermuda 40 that we cruised in the Chesapeake.
Understanding banking after working 12 years for Loyola Savings and Loan of Maryland, I helped navigate the purchase of a 32’ Pearson Vanguard for a friend and taught him to sail. Loving the idea of sharing my passion for boating, I joined Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales (in what is now Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and Marina) in 1990 and worked as a broker for fifteen years.
In 1993, Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales became a dealer for Sabre and Back Cove Motor Yachts and I acquired an understanding and respect for powerboats. I worked closely with the boatyard commissioning new vessels and working as a liaison between new owners and the marina. I have an intimate understanding of the boat buying process - how to guide new owners through surveys, sea trials, registration, and documentation.
I love all boats and each one has its own quality. Though I would consider myself a traditionalist in boat design, I like what the new designs offer in comfort and ability.
When not talking boats, my husband (of 25 years) and I live in Easton, Maryland. My husband is the rigging supervisor at Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and our daughter works at the marina full time, having graduated from Washington College in 2020. She earned her Teaching Certification and is applying for a teaching position in English.
I am starting my 4th year as a broker with Brewer Yacht Sales and in addition to my office at Safe Harbor Zahniser’s in Solomon’s, Maryland I now have an office at Safe Harbor Oxford. This enables me to cover the territory from the Eastern Shore to Solomon’s Island and everything in between.
I look forward to speaking with you and sharing my passion for boats. Let me help you find the perfect yacht or support and guide you in the sale of your existing vessel!