2014 Marlow-Hunter 37' (11.28 m) 37
Solomons, Maryland, United States
2014 Marlow-Hunter 37
Flag of Registry: United States
- Fiberglass Hull
"Seaquel" is a lovely vessel and feels like a new boat. She was the Annapolis Boat Show Boat in 2014 and thus has numerous upgrades not normally found on the standard 37. The Marlow-Hunter 37 is a stunning cruiser that is larger than any of her competitors and by far the largest volume sailboat on the market under 40 feet. The design has been improved upon with a hard hull chine featuring a wider beam carried further aft which allows for more space below as well as stability and performance on the water.
Here is a list of just a few of the upgrades that have been incorporated into this vessel;
- Lovely Flag Blue hull
- Upgraded 40HP Yanmar dsl in lieu of the standard 29HP
- Quiet Flush head
- Barrier coat on her bottom
- Bow Thruster
- In-mast furling mainsail
- Reverse-cycle air-conditioning and heat
- Electric Winches
She is located in Solomons, Md. Please contact the listing broker, Laird Larrimore, for more information or to set up an appointment.
LOA: 37' 6'' (11.43 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 13' 1''
LWL: 35' 8''
Draft Min: 5'
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Shape: Monohull
Bridge Clearance: 61' 2''
Fuel Tank: 50 Gallons (189.27 Liters)
Fresh Water: 80 Gallons (302.83 Liters)
Holding Tank: 25 Gallons (94.64 Liters)
Displacement: 18995 lbs
Ballast Weight: 5727 lbs
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Year: 2014
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Sail
- Power HP: 40.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 207.00
Down below the master aft cabin is roomy and features comfortable headroom and private access to the head on port as well as access from the starboard side aft of the galley. The interior has been enhanced with a richer look and feel. Enhancements start at the sole of the interior which features a hardwood flooring that accentuates the true beauty of the Marlow-Hunter 37's interior. The galley is located to starboard of the companionway and forward of the aft master stateroom. She has a large galley that features Corian countertops with complementing stainless steel fiddles. Opposite the galley to port is the second access to the head as well as the navigation station. Moving forward, the main salon is breathtaking from the level of fit and finish to the shear volume she delivers. Forward of the galley to starboard is the large U-shaped dinette with large dining table that also doubles as an additional bunk area for 2 people when the table is lowered into the bunk position. Opposite to port is the settee. She has a lovely upgraded light colored Dura-leather fabric in the salon. Her cabinetry has a lovely finish with real and exotic timber giving her a warm and inviting interior. One will find upgraded hardware and superior features such as warm LED lighting, dovetailed drawers, and ball bearing slides on cabinet drawers. All the way forward is the second stateroom that feels more like a master with a double V-berth, seat and hanging locker to port and additional cedar lined hanging locker and shelves to starboard. Additional storage under the berth as well as shelving outboard. This stateroom is large with plenty of room to move around and has a large hatch above for light and ventilation.
Her galley is impressive with glass front doors on the outboard cabinets, lovely Corian counters giving one plenty of space for food preparation and equipped for extended cruising.
- Double stainless steel sink with pressure hot and cold water
- Force 10 2 burner propane stove with oven
- Large built-in microwave
- Nova-cool front loading refrigerator
- Separate Nova-cool front loading freezer
- Stainless steel fiddles all around the counter
- Storage outboard as well as under the counters
- Raymarine E95 Hybrid touch screen at the helm - Chartplotter with GPS
- Lewmar pedestal with grab rail and teak cockpit table with fold out leaves
- Raymarine i70 - pakg with autopilot, 1 remote and 3 displays
- Raymarine depth and speed
- Raymarine autopilot with linear drive
- VHF radio with remote mic at the helm
- 24" flat screen TV with DVD
- Second flat screen TV with DVD
Sails and Rigging
- Furlex Roller Furling headsail 110%
- In-mast roller furling mainsail with full roach and flaking system
- Reefing system, dual single line to cockpit
- Aluminum mast stepped on deck
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging
- Stainless steel arch with mainsheet traveler
- Lewmar Revo primary Self-tailing electric winches
- Lewmar Self-tailing winches on cabin top for halyards
- 2 sets of rope clutches on cabin top for halyards
- Built-in pockets by companionway for halyard line storage allows one to keep the cockpit clear of clutter
- B&R Fractional sailplan with Rigid vang
- Inboard jib tracks with adjustable cars
- Folding Wheel at helm
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with side stanchions and double life lines
- Aft pulpit seats port and starboard
- Stainless steel arch
- Flag Blue cockpit bimini
- Hinging Fold-down transom for ease in boarding and swimming
- Integral swim ladder folds and stores in transom
- 5 flush mounted hatches on deck with screens and Oceanair shades
- 2 opening ports with screens
- 3 fixed hull sindows
- Stainless steel grab rails on either side of the companionway
- Dock lines
- Boat hook
- Flag Blue hull with gold boot and cove stripes
- Bose Stereo cockpit speakers
- Transom shower
- Stainless steel primary and secondary bow rollers
- Anchor well with space for rode and chain
- Folding cleats
- Bronze thru-hull fittings below the water line
- Plow anchor with chain and rode
- Electric Lewmar windlass
- Side-Power bow Thruster
- AC/DC electrical system w/breaker panel
- Upgraded 40HP Yanmar saildrive dsl engine
- 80amp alternator
- 40amp battery charger
- Battery boxes for engine and house batteries
- Electric and manual bilge pumps
- Engine panel with alarms and hour meter
- Pressurized hot and cold freshwater system
- Galvanic Isolator
- Gauges, tank for fuel, water, and waste
- MSD w/waste holding tank & macerator pump
- Navigation light package
- 120V shore power system with cord
- Shower sump pump
- Air horn
- Anti-bacterial gelcoat in head and cabins
- Carbon Monoxide and smoke detectors
- GFI receptacles
- Emergency tiller
- 3 fire extinguishers
- Life jackets
- Throwable device
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Want more information?
The water has always been a part of my life since learning to sail aboard a Sailfish while vacationing in Chatham, Massachusetts. At twelve, I graduated to Penguins and 420’s at the Tred Avon Yacht Club in Oxford, Maryland. My parents always belonged to the Corinthian Yacht Club in Philadelphia and I often accompanied them on cruises aboard a Hinckley Bermuda 40 that we cruised in the Chesapeake.
Understanding banking after working 12 years for Loyola Savings and Loan of Maryland, I helped navigate the purchase of a 32’ Pearson Vanguard for a friend and taught him to sail. Loving the idea of sharing my passion for boating, I joined Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales (in what is now Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and Marina) in 1990 and worked as a broker for fifteen years.
In 1993, Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales became a dealer for Sabre and Back Cove Motor Yachts and I acquired an understanding and respect for powerboats. I worked closely with the boatyard commissioning new vessels and working as a liaison between new owners and the marina. I have an intimate understanding of the boat buying process - how to guide new owners through surveys, sea trials, registration, and documentation.
I love all boats and each one has its own quality. Though I would consider myself a traditionalist in boat design, I like what the new designs offer in comfort and ability.
When not talking boats, my husband (of 25 years) and I live in Easton, Maryland. My husband is the rigging supervisor at Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and our daughter works at the marina full time, having graduated from Washington College in 2020. She earned her Teaching Certification and is applying for a teaching position in English.
I am starting my 4th year as a broker with Brewer Yacht Sales and in addition to my office at Safe Harbor Zahniser’s in Solomon’s, Maryland I now have an office at Safe Harbor Oxford. This enables me to cover the territory from the Eastern Shore to Solomon’s Island and everything in between.
I look forward to speaking with you and sharing my passion for boats. Let me help you find the perfect yacht or support and guide you in the sale of your existing vessel!