1980 Peterson 46' (14.02 m) Center Cockpit
Solomons, Maryland, United States
1980 Peterson Center Cockpit
Flag of Registry: United States
- Fiberglass Hull
Katrajena is a lovely long range cruiser. She has the desired long fin keel/cutaway aft for safe, fast cruising and good light air performance. Her large cockpit with custom hard dodger and wide side decks makes for a very comfortable and safe vessel on deck. Below she has a warm and inviting interior with beautiful solid teak cabinetry throughout. Her layout is great for the family that is looking to spend quality time cruising in comfort yet is easily handled by two. She can accommodate up to 8 people in three cabins and 2 private heads or just enjoy the space she has to offer if you want to cozy up with a good book in private.
This is a vessel that is capable of carrying you safely around the world and in comfort. To encourage offers we have reduced her asking price to $78,000.00. Now is the time to get her ready and head south for the winter!
She is located in Solomons, Md. Please contact the listing broker, Laird Larrimore, to set up an appointment to see her.
LOA: 46' (14.02 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Draft Max: 6' 4''
Single Berths: 5
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Shape: Monohull
Fuel Tank: 45 Gallons (170.34 Liters)
Fresh Water: 120 Gallons (454.25 Liters)
Holding Tank: 20 Gallons (75.71 Liters)
Displacement: 30000 lbs
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Lehman
- Engine Model: 4D254
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel Type: Diesel
Accommodations and Layout
Two staterooms and two heads, located fore and aft, with main salon in between for maximum privacy. Each stateroom has a private entry to head with shower, pressure water and freshwater foot pumps.
Her forward cabin has a wide V-berth that can be made into two singles or one wide double. Ample storage, including hanging locker and ventilation from 12V fan, two opening ports, and overhead hatch.
Her aft cabin is accessible from both the cockpit and via passageway from the main salon. She has a wide athwartships double berth, two hanging lockers, ample stowage, ventilation from 12V fan, four opening ports and overhead hatch.
The passageway between aft cabin and main salon includes a captain's berth. The dining table in the main salon can be converted to an additional double berth and the settee in the salon converts to a single berth.
Her main salon features a U-shaped dinette to port with extensive storage beneath and outboard and a hi/low table for easy conversion to a double berth. To starboard is the settee that also converts to a single berth. Aft of the settee to starboard is the large Navigation station with repeaters for autopilot, navigation/radar. Opposite the Nav station to port is the U-shaped Sea galley.
Companionway steps are center and lead to the cockpit. Her engine compartment is located under the cockpit and accessed via the passageway to the Master cabin aft.
She has a large cockpit that can accommodate a crowd or stretch out in comfort. She has a custom hard dodger with canvas extension aft and full enclosure. Full set of cockpit cushions and teak cockpit table with drink holder. Her wide side decks allows one to wander the decks in comfort and security.
- She has a true U-shaped Sea Galley to port of the companionway with abundant storage and counter space.
- Refrigeration: Sea Frost 12V, water cooled
- Freezer: Engel MRO40, 119/120 AC - 12V DC
- Sink: Double stainless steel with Moen faucet
- Water System: Pressure system, with separate sea water and fresh water foot pumps
- Stove: Force 10 two burner with oven (installed 2018)
- Water Heater: 11 gallons
- Microwave: RCA 700 watts (installed 2021)
Navigation and Electronics
- Radar: Furuno First Watch (installed 2018, 6 hours on transmit)
- VHF: Horizon Matrix GX2100 with AIS receiver and full function cockpit remote
- VHF 85 handheld West Marine
- GPS: Two Garmin 12XL
- Plotter: Nobeltec TimeZero (ipad) with radar overlay
- Autopilot: Simrad Robertson AP11, with cockpit remote, hydraulic steering system linked to rudder post
- Depth Sounder: Data Marine S200DL
- Masthead Wind speed/direction instrument: Data Marine LX3600
- Compass: Ritchie on pedestal
- Optics: IGen 2020 night vision scope
- House Bank: Two banks, each three 12V Group 27 deep cycle
- Start Bank: Two Group 27 12V
- Battery Chargers: Heart/Xantrex 100 amp for house banks; True Charge 20 amp for starter batteries
- Inverter: Heart/Xantrex 2000 watt
- Alternator: Balmar 75 amp, rebuilt 2021, with Balmar 3-step "Smart" regulator
- Solar: Two Solbian 140 watt panels, mounted atop cockpit hardtop, installed 2020; Blue Solar charge controllers
- Generator: Honda 2KW portable
- Battery Monitor: Balmar SG200
- Lights: Navigation, spreader, steaming, tricolor, anchor
- Cockpit: 12V receptacle with USB ports
- Engine: Ford Lehman 4D254, rebuilt 2010, 800 hours on rebuild
- Racor dual fuel filter system
- Electric fuel pump
- Gal.Hr cruise: 1.3
- Bilge Pump: two electric, one manual
- Raw Water Strainer: Three, for engine, refrigeration, and wash down pump
- Fire Extinguisher: Three, Kidde Dry Chemical in galley, one Kidde Dry Chemical in each cabin, and Fireboy FE241 automatic system in engine room
- Head Type: Groco HF, pumps rebuilt 2021
Sails and Rigging
- Aluminum spar stepped on the keel and cutter rigged with removable inner stay. She has a bridge clearance of 63' which includes the lights and antenna.
- Roller furling headsail: Schaefer Model 3100
- Spinnaker Pole: mounted at front of mast
- Winches: Seven, including Lewmar 64 self-tailing primary winches
- Sails: Main - Doyle Allen (good condition); Genoas - Doyle Allen 140% (good condition), Bacon 110% (fair condition); Staysail - Johnson (fair condition)
- Running Backs, detachable, with Garhauer vangs
- She has all Sta-lock fittings on shrouds, no swage fittings.
- Life Jackets: four
- Two West Maine A-33 offshore auto-inflate Type V PFD
- Dacron Jack lines
- Man Overboard: MOM 8A mounted on stern bracket; Lifesling
- 2019 Life Raft: Coastal Commander
- Flares: Two; Sirius Signal electric flares
- EPIRB: Two; ACR ReceiveLink + (GPS); ACR AquaLink (GPS)
- Galerider with 100' of 1 1/2" line
- Hardtop: Seaboard custom hardtop mounted on 2" aluminum struts, affording standing headroom in cockpit
- Cockpit Enclosure: Sunbrella, 360 degree enclosure with removable sections
- Custom winter cover: 3 sections covers entire deck and superstructure
- Other: Sunbrella mainsail cover as well as winch, windlass and individual opening hatch covers.
Deck Equipment and Hull
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with side stanchions and double life lines
- Dyneema Life Lines
- 55lb Rocna anchor new 2021 with 250' 3/8" Chain
- 45lb Bruce with 180' chain/rope combination
- 60lb CQR
- 45lb Danforth
- Spare 180' chain/rope combination rode
- Stainless Samson Post on foredeck
- Muir 3000 anchor windlass with deck foot switches, motor rebuilt and new gearbox 2021
- Double stainless steel bow rollers
- Folding swim/boarding ladder at stern
- Kato Marine radar pole with dinghy engine crane
- Salt water wash down pump
- Teak Folding cockpit table and drink holder
- Cockpit cushions
- Screens for all opening ports; custom screens for aft companionway and overhead hatch
- Magma Propane grill
- 14 opening ports
- Three deck hatches
- 5 Chrome Dorades with Teak boxes
- Harken Main sheet traveler
- In 2013 a full bottom job was performed; Hull peeled (not sandblasted), dried for five months, rebuilt with four coats of reinforced epoxy. Partial warranty still in effect.
- Dinghy: 2018 Achilles LSR 310 rollup with bag and 4HP inflation pump
- Dinghy engine: 2018 Yamaha 9.9 with electric start
- Extensive list of tools and spares
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Brewer Yacht Sales-Earning Your Business One Boat at a Time
Brewer Yacht Sales has been a trusted name in the yacht brokerage industry for over 25 years. Specializing in both used power and sailboats, most of our brokers have earned their Certified Professional Yacht Broker, (CPYB) accreditation and all are proud members of the Yacht Brokers Association of America (YBAA). Whether buying or selling, our professional sales team is ready to exceed your expectations at our conveniently located East Coast offices.
Buying Your Vessel With Brewer Yacht Sales
Our Yacht Sales Professionals share your passion for the boating lifestyle. Our brokers work with a network of contacts, establish value, negotiate on your behalf, safeguard funds in separate escrow accounts, provide an ethical atmosphere for the transaction, and build relationships. We specialize in both power and sailboats up to 100', with experience selling all major brands including Sea Ray, Viking Princess, Tiara Yachts, Sabre, Hunter, Beneteau, Tartan, and more.
Brewer Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Want more information?
The water has always been a part of my life since learning to sail aboard a Sailfish while vacationing in Chatham, Massachusetts. At twelve, I graduated to Penguins and 420’s at the Tred Avon Yacht Club in Oxford, Maryland. My parents always belonged to the Corinthian Yacht Club in Philadelphia and I often accompanied them on cruises aboard a Hinckley Bermuda 40 that we cruised in the Chesapeake.
Understanding banking after working 12 years for Loyola Savings and Loan of Maryland, I helped navigate the purchase of a 32’ Pearson Vanguard for a friend and taught him to sail. Loving the idea of sharing my passion for boating, I joined Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales (in what is now Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and Marina) in 1990 and worked as a broker for fifteen years.
In 1993, Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales became a dealer for Sabre and Back Cove Motor Yachts and I acquired an understanding and respect for powerboats. I worked closely with the boatyard commissioning new vessels and working as a liaison between new owners and the marina. I have an intimate understanding of the boat buying process - how to guide new owners through surveys, sea trials, registration, and documentation.
I love all boats and each one has its own quality. Though I would consider myself a traditionalist in boat design, I like what the new designs offer in comfort and ability.
When not talking boats, my husband (of 25 years) and I live in Easton, Maryland. My husband is the rigging supervisor at Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and our daughter works at the marina full time, having graduated from Washington College in 2020. She earned her Teaching Certification and is applying for a teaching position in English.
I am starting my 4th year as a broker with Brewer Yacht Sales and in addition to my office at Safe Harbor Zahniser’s in Solomon’s, Maryland I now have an office at Safe Harbor Oxford. This enables me to cover the territory from the Eastern Shore to Solomon’s Island and everything in between.
I look forward to speaking with you and sharing my passion for boats. Let me help you find the perfect yacht or support and guide you in the sale of your existing vessel!