1989 Hylas 44' (13.41 m) Center Cockpit
Solomons, Maryland, United States
Pigeon Toes IV
1989 Hylas Center Cockpit
- Center Cockpit
- Fiberglass Hull
Designed by German Frers and built by Queen Long Marine, the Hylas 44 has become one of the most sought after center cockpit cruisers. Her stunning full teak interior is warm and inviting while providing loads of storage for long distance cruising. Two staterooms, each with private head, make her comfortable for cruising with two couples plus additional berth in the salon with a settee pulls out for more comfort.
"Pigeon Toes IV" is a striking vessel. Her owners have continually upgraded her thru the years. Some of the interior upgrades were done in the early 2000's and many more were done as late as 2014 such as Quantum mainsail with Strong Track and 135% genoa, cockpit canvas with full enclosure, replacing the life lines as well as re-bedding all the stanchions, all new sea cocks and thru-hulls, and replacing all the standing rigging and much of the running rigging.
The Hylas 44 is a perfect center cockpit cruiser. Beautiful, elegant, fast, sea-kindly, easily handled, with clean, flowing lines. Capable of sailing around the world for two or weekend sailing with six. She shows superb quality and craftmanship.
LOA: 44' 0'' (13.41 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 13' 6''
Draft Max: 5' 6''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 90 Gallons (340.69 Liters)
Fresh Water: 100 Gallons (378.54 Liters)
Holding Tank: 50 Gallons (189.27 Liters)
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4JH-TE
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Power HP: 50.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 3651.00
Forward guest stateroom has an offset double berth to port w/lockers outboard, ample storage under, sitting area, hanging locker, under-seat storage; ensuite head w/shower.
Main salon has U-shaped dinette to port with a lovely and large table that will accommodate seating athwartships, wide extendable settee to starboard, ample storage behind seat backs as well as shelving and lockers outboard; fully equipped nav station aft of dinette to port with access to the aft head and Master Stateroom; large walk-through galley aft to starboard and also serves as access to the Master Stateroom.
Master stateroom aft (can be accessed via galley or shower/wet locker room) has queen-size center island berth, counter space/lockers/shelves and seats on either side, 4 drawers, 2 large lockers, shelf locker, and vanity forward with stool that locks into two positions; ensuite head w/separate shower stall to port aft of nav station.
Her interior finish compliments the elegant design, and the workmanship of her teak cabinetry below. The space below is uncluttered. Self-contained owner and guest cabins, each with its own head and shower. Full height walk-thru port and starboard to the Master Stateroom. Complete access to engine as well as the generator. Immense galley with center-line twin sinks. Lovely deep blue cushions in forward cabin as well as the main salon add to her warmth below. Beautiful teak and holly sole thru out.
New headliner and recessed LED lighting thru out. Fluorescent lighting in main cabin, galley, and heads and engine room. 4 electric fans in main salon, galley, aft and fwd staterooms.
- Double deep s/s sinks with hot/cold faucet
- Fresh/salt water foot pumps (back-up)
- Force Ten 4-burner propane stove w/oven & broiler
- Top-opening refrigerator with front access as well
- Top-opening freezer with front access as well
- 2015 Sea Frost Refrigeration and Freezer installed
- 2001 Custom Corian counter tops added
- 5 Lockers
- Deep Storage space behind stove
- Built-in spice rack
- 3 water tanks
- Hot & cold pressure water, manual back-up foot pumps for fresh water as well as sea water.
- Hot water heater
- Corel Dishes convey with vessel
- Microwave (2014)
- Winch handle (3) storage rack
Hull and Deck
- Fiberglass hull and decks
- Light grey non-skid on decks
- One shade darker than Flag Blue awlgripped hull
- Side Power bow thruster new 2014 with separate hand held control that also operates anchor windlass
- Maxwell 2500 Windlass
- 3 blade Max Prop
- PYI PSS Dripless stuffing box
- Aluminum toe rail
- Teak handrails
- Teak eyebrow
- 5 opening stainless steel hatches (Hood/Mainship)
- 8 stainless steel opening ports (Hood/mainship)
- Biege colored canvas; Sail cover, bimini, dodger, cockpit enclosure, hatch covers
- Custom full canvas winter cover
- Kato Davits
- Engine hoist for dinghy outboard
- 4 - 27X10 bumpers
- 2 - ball style bumpers
- Horse shoe life ring
- 12 Dock lines 5/8"
- 2 - 50' dock lines
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with side stanchions and double life lines (2015)
- Aft transom boarding ladder
- Aft deck fresh water shower
- Gates port and starboard with additional boarding ladder that can be moved from side to side
- Stainless steel cowl vents (2)
- Additional cleats have been added making a total of 12
- 45lb Aluminum Spade anchor with 20' of chain and 150' of rode
- 65lb Manson Supreme anchor with 200' of chain
- Teak cockpit table with drink holder
- Bottom barrier coated in 2001
- Teak rub rail with stainless steel striker
Sails and Rigging
- Quantum Fully Battened mainsail 2015 with Dutchman system (lightly used)
- Quantum 135% genoa 2015 (lightly used)
- Original Asymetric spinnaker (very little use)
- Strong Track for mainsail
- Boom vang (hard Forespar)
- 2014 all Standing rigging replaced
- Running rigging (most has been replaced)
- Spreader lights (2)
- 2010 Andersen 58ST two speed electric primary winches
- 2012 Electric Halyard winch
- 2012 Electric main sheet winch
- Barient 27 Self-tailing winches (2) for spinnaker sheets
- Barient 24 Self-tailing (2) for reefing
- Barient 27 self-tailing winch for genoa halyard
- Barient 24 winch for spinnaker boom
- Spinnaker boom mounted on mast
Electrical and Mechanical
- 2 - 4DL Batteries (replaced 6/6/2018)
- 1 - 12V G27 starting battery
- 2 - 12V batteries for windlass and bow thruster
- Link 2500 watt Inverter and battery monitor
- Raritan Lectra Scan head with treatment system forward with Groco head plus holding tank
- Groco Aft head with separate holding tank
- 2019 Fisher Panda 5KW generator
- Yanmar dsl engine with 3,651 hours
- 8 gallon a minute bilge pump
- Manual whale pump
- 3500 Emergency pump with high water alarm
- Reverse Cycle air conditioning and heat in 2 units - 12K and 8K units
- Recessed LED lighting throughout
- Galvanic isolator
- Alpine stereo AM/FM/XM
- 6 speakers - 2 in Master, 2 in salon and 2 in cockpit
- Standard Horizon VHF at Nav station with remote at helm
- B & G 3000 series - speed, depth, wind with repeater at Nav station
- Garmin GPS at helm and is integrated with the B&G 3000 series
- B & G Autohelm with primary control in cockpit and remote control at helm
- Garmin GPS by master berth for night watch
Brewer Yacht Sales-Earning Your Business One Boat at a Time
Brewer Yacht Sales has been a trusted name in the yacht brokerage industry for over 25 years. Specializing in both used power and sailboats, most of our brokers have earned their Certified Professional Yacht Broker, (CPYB) accreditation and all are proud members of the Yacht Brokers Association of America (YBAA). Whether buying or selling, our professional sales team is ready to exceed your expectations at our conveniently located East Coast offices.
Buying Your Vessel With Brewer Yacht Sales
Our Yacht Sales Professionals share your passion for the boating lifestyle. Our brokers work with a network of contacts, establish value, negotiate on your behalf, safeguard funds in separate escrow accounts, provide an ethical atmosphere for the transaction, and build relationships. We specialize in both power and sailboats up to 100', with experience selling all major brands including Sea Ray, Viking Princess, Tiara Yachts, Sabre, Hunter, Beneteau, Tartan, and more.
Brewer Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Want more information?
The water has always been a part of my life since learning to sail aboard a Sailfish while vacationing in Chatham, Massachusetts. At twelve, I graduated to Penguins and 420’s at the Tred Avon Yacht Club in Oxford, Maryland. My parents always belonged to the Corinthian Yacht Club in Philadelphia and I often accompanied them on cruises aboard a Hinckley Bermuda 40 that we cruised in the Chesapeake.
Understanding banking after working 12 years for Loyola Savings and Loan of Maryland, I helped navigate the purchase of a 32’ Pearson Vanguard for a friend and taught him to sail. Loving the idea of sharing my passion for boating, I joined Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales (in what is now Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and Marina) in 1990 and worked as a broker for fifteen years.
In 1993, Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales became a dealer for Sabre and Back Cove Motor Yachts and I acquired an understanding and respect for powerboats. I worked closely with the boatyard commissioning new vessels and working as a liaison between new owners and the marina. I have an intimate understanding of the boat buying process - how to guide new owners through surveys, sea trials, registration, and documentation.
I love all boats and each one has its own quality. Though I would consider myself a traditionalist in boat design, I like what the new designs offer in comfort and ability.
When not talking boats, my husband (of 25 years) and I live in Easton, Maryland. My husband is the rigging supervisor at Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and our daughter works at the marina full time, having graduated from Washington College in 2020. She earned her Teaching Certification and is applying for a teaching position in English.
I am starting my 4th year as a broker with Brewer Yacht Sales and in addition to my office at Safe Harbor Zahniser’s in Solomon’s, Maryland I now have an office at Safe Harbor Oxford. This enables me to cover the territory from the Eastern Shore to Solomon’s Island and everything in between.
I look forward to speaking with you and sharing my passion for boats. Let me help you find the perfect yacht or support and guide you in the sale of your existing vessel!