1986 Kaufman 47' (14.33 m) 47
Solomons, Maryland, United States
1986 Kaufman 47
Flag of Registry: United States
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: KDB47114K586
- Drastic price reduction! Owners must sell and willing to listen to all offers.
Owners plans have changed. They were in the middle of a complete refit having completed all the essential systems to a tune of over $80,000. which will be listed further on in the listing. She is in sail away condition and all that is left is her cosmetics to make her truly shine inside and out.
LOA: 47' (14.33 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 13' 9''
Draft Max: 4' 10''
Draft Min: 4' 10''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Shape: Monohull
Fuel Tank: 40 Gallons (151.42 Liters)
Fresh Water: 70 Gallons (264.98 Liters)
Holding Tank: 30 Gallons (113.56 Liters)
Ballast Weight: 10700 lbs
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4JH-TE
- Engine Year: 2004
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 75.00
- Power KW: 55.93
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 200.00
- The Kaufman 47 cutter rigged cruiser is a quality built monohull with beautiful lines quite similar to a Swan. Mike Kaufman the designer of this pedigree vessel designed a sleek and fast yacht while still maintaining her comfortable and luxurious accommodations below.Starting forward and aft of the chain locker is the Master Stateroom. V-berth with filler, hatch above for light as well as ventilation and abundant storage with a settee, lockers, drawers and hanging locker to starboard. Her lovely teak joinery surrounds you with ceiling strips lining the hull sides as well as shelving. New linen headliner above and numerous Prisms add to her light interior while her teak gives her warmth. She has a dual access head to port that can be accessed from the Master cabin as well as from the Salon. This is a large head with vanity and toilet separate from the shower stall.
- Walking aft we now enter the Main salon; here she has a convertible U-shaped dinette to port that can convert into a double berth when needed. Her centerline table with drop leaves is accessible from both the dinette and the settee on starboard. Outboard of the settee and dinette are shelves and lockers. Aft of the settee on starboard is the aft facing navigation station followed by the second head. This head also has dual access from the salon as well as from the starboard aft cabin. Opposite the head to port is the U-shaped Sea galley with updated Corian counters. A private stateroom follows with hanging locker, storage, dressing settee and double quarter berth. An identical third private stateroom is to starboard with hanging locker, storage and small settee but also has private access to the aft head.
- The interior features beautiful teak joinery and cabinetry throughout as well as teak and holly sole. Some areas may require refinishing of the woodwork but all is solid and only needs cosmetic updating. Numerous hatches and prisms add plenty of light and venitlation as does her updated white headliner. She has 6'4" headroom.
Her galley is a well appointed Sea Galley for offshore cruising. There is an abundance of storage space in cabinets, under counters, dish racks, drawers, tilt-out trash bin and outboard cabinets.Custom Corian counters with fiddles have replaced her original counters 2004
- Large undermount corian sink with hot and cold pressure water. 2004
- Shipmate 3 burner propane stove (gimballed) with oven
- Large Isotherm refrigerator and freezer - 110V and inverter AC to DC 12V system
- Glacier Bay (R-50) refrigerator panels
- Separate filtered drinking water faucet
- Propane shutoff
- Solar vent
Sails and rigging
The mast and boom are anodized aluminum with a mast height of 62'. The rig is designed with two sets of spreaders, running backs and is stepped on the keel. Internal halyards as well as an internal jiffy reefing and outhaul in the boom. New standing rigging and running rigging Jan. 2018
- New fully battened Mac Mainsail 2022 with 3 reefs
- 2020 Lazy Jacks
- Extra Mainsail
- 2022 New Staysail
- 135% North jib (good shape)
- No spinnaker but hardware is there
- Spin pole mounted on mast
- Storm jib
- Storm trysail
- Profurl roller furling for the headsail
- Detachable staysail stay (chainplate rebuilt)
- Navtec hydraulic backstay
- Manual vang
- 2020 - swedge fittings replaced with Staylock
- 2020 - Genoa sheet blocks replaced
- 2020 - Spreader boots replaced
- 2021 - Wiring in mast replaced and terminal block installed with New steaming light
The mast winches are all Barient and consist of;
- 1 - #22
- 3 - #27 self-tailing halyard
- 1 - #25 on deck
The cockpit winches consist of;
- 2 - #36 self-tailing primaries
- 2 - #32 self-tailing secondaries
- 1 - #22 self-tailing cockpit winch
- 1 - # 18 centerboard winch
- Fusion Am/Fm/Bluetooth stereo with 2 cockpit speakers and 2 speakers in salon
- 2021 New Standard Horizon VHF
- 2021 Garmin 800 AIS transceiver (sends and receives)
- Nema 2000 (backbone replaced 2020)
- New Touch screen Garmin Chartplotter and Radar 18 mile radius
- New 2020 Garmin and GNX multifunction display - Apparent wind, wind speed, depth
- 2018 Garmin Autopilot
- 2021 autopilot hydraulic pump replaced
- Iridiuym satalite transceiver hookup - phone calls, text, email (port locker)
- Navpod at helm 2010
- Cetrek 737 Autopilot with remote
- All mast wireing redone in 2021
- 2021 Irridium satellite receiver and antenna installed
Mechanical and Electrical
Excellent engine access from either quarter cabin as well as the sole of the cockpit.
- 2004 Yanmar 75HP turbo diesel (rebuilt in 2021) reset engine hours meter (200hrs)
- 2021 transmission rebuilt
- 2021 Turbo replaced
- Xantrex True Charger 40 amp
- 3 Racor filters
- Amptech high performance alternator 200 amps
- 30 amps ships service
- 2 house batteries - 4D AGM - 1 year old - also service the windlass
- 1 Engine start battery AGM - 1 year old
- 2021 - 2 new 175 watt flexable solar panels on bimini
- AIR-X 400 Wind generator, with brake controller
- 10 new LED lights in last year
- 2021 Xantrex battery monitor installed
- 2021 mast wiring replaced and terminal block installed; new steaming light
- 2020 bow light and wiring replaced
- 2022 Rudder bearing repacked
- 2021 steering chain, cable and hardware replaced
- 2022 replaced windlass solenoid
- 2021 Rainman watermaker installed
- Bow and port water tanks have been removed and replaced with Palstimo soft tanks 140L and 200L respectively
- 2022 Bracket under binacle for the steering cable shivs replaced
The rugged keel centerboard system houses the board entirely in the lead casting. The board is currently secured in the up position so her keel draws 4'10". The rudder structure was designed to stand by itself, without the skeg in the event the skeg is broken away. The shroud chainplates and bolt pattern spread the load over the chainplate bulkhead, which in turn spreads loads well out aft along the hull skin through two widely spaced bulkheads.Indigo was originally a fresh water boat for much of her life in Wisconsin
- Complete barrier coat job completed over the winter of 2004
- 2021 bnilge cleaned, epoxy primer and painted
- 2021 Headliner replaced
- 2021 Aft berth port lights removed, water damage repaired
- 2021 cockpit shower replaced
- 2021 All 13 seacocks and thru hulls replaced
- 2021 Bonding wire replaced
- 2021 Rudder port repacked
Indigo originally had teak decks, they have been removed and now is fiberglass with non-skid.2022 All new grey canvas - Bimini, dodger, attachment between dodger and bimini, pedestal cover, mainsail cover
- 2019 Lewmar windlass w/remote
- 2019 Rocna 33kg anchor
- 200' 3/8" high test anchor chain
- 2019 - 6 New lean hatches
- 12 deck prisms
- Aluminum toe rail
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpit with side stanchions and double life lines
- Over sized mooring and spring cleats
- Shurflow Blaster 3.4 saltwater washdown hose and pump
- Manual bilge pump
- Cockpit shower with hot and cold water
- Boarding ladder port and starboard
- Large chain locker with deck access
- Spare spade anchor with 250' nylon rode
- Shore power inlet
- Emergency tiller
- Fire extinquishers
- 2021 Revere life raft
- 2021 West Marine 10' dinghy
- 2021 4 HP Torquido electric outboard for dinghy
- 6 new type 5 inflatable life vests
- 6 type 1 life vests
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Brewer Yacht Sales-Earning Your Business One Boat at a Time
Brewer Yacht Sales has been a trusted name in the yacht brokerage industry for over 25 years. Specializing in both used power and sailboats, most of our brokers have earned their Certified Professional Yacht Broker, (CPYB) accreditation and all are proud members of the Yacht Brokers Association of America (YBAA). Whether buying or selling, our professional sales team is ready to exceed your expectations at our conveniently located East Coast offices.
Buying Your Vessel With Brewer Yacht Sales
Our Yacht Sales Professionals share your passion for the boating lifestyle. Our brokers work with a network of contacts, establish value, negotiate on your behalf, safeguard funds in separate escrow accounts, provide an ethical atmosphere for the transaction, and build relationships. We specialize in both power and sailboats up to 100', with experience selling all major brands including Sea Ray, Viking Princess, Tiara Yachts, Sabre, Hunter, Beneteau, Tartan, and more.
Brewer Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Want more information?
The water has always been a part of my life since learning to sail aboard a Sailfish while vacationing in Chatham, Massachusetts. At twelve, I graduated to Penguins and 420’s at the Tred Avon Yacht Club in Oxford, Maryland. My parents always belonged to the Corinthian Yacht Club in Philadelphia and I often accompanied them on cruises aboard a Hinckley Bermuda 40 that we cruised in the Chesapeake.
Understanding banking after working 12 years for Loyola Savings and Loan of Maryland, I helped navigate the purchase of a 32’ Pearson Vanguard for a friend and taught him to sail. Loving the idea of sharing my passion for boating, I joined Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales (in what is now Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and Marina) in 1990 and worked as a broker for fifteen years.
In 1993, Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales became a dealer for Sabre and Back Cove Motor Yachts and I acquired an understanding and respect for powerboats. I worked closely with the boatyard commissioning new vessels and working as a liaison between new owners and the marina. I have an intimate understanding of the boat buying process - how to guide new owners through surveys, sea trials, registration, and documentation.
I love all boats and each one has its own quality. Though I would consider myself a traditionalist in boat design, I like what the new designs offer in comfort and ability.
When not talking boats, my husband (of 25 years) and I live in Easton, Maryland. My husband is the rigging supervisor at Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and our daughter works at the marina full time, having graduated from Washington College in 2020. She earned her Teaching Certification and is applying for a teaching position in English.
I am starting my 4th year as a broker with Brewer Yacht Sales and in addition to my office at Safe Harbor Zahniser’s in Solomon’s, Maryland I now have an office at Safe Harbor Oxford. This enables me to cover the territory from the Eastern Shore to Solomon’s Island and everything in between.
I look forward to speaking with you and sharing my passion for boats. Let me help you find the perfect yacht or support and guide you in the sale of your existing vessel!