1981 C&C 40' (12.19 m) Tall Rig/Deep Keel
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
GLIM is a 1981 Tall Rig/Deep Keel version of the C&C 40-2 series of racer/cruisers designed by Rob Ball and highly sought after for her speed and grace. She is in good condition, ready to go and includes an 8.5' RIB dinghy and 6 hp Yamaha outboard, along with a new Fairclough cover and frame.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: ZCC40106V81C
|Outstanding Race Record|
|NEW Fairclough cover & frame|
|Notable Upgrades: NEW Steering cable, chain & sprocket; starting battery; running rigging; Force 10 stove; MOM 8S. Re-built backstay hydraulics; rudder post fitting; Ritchie compass. Replaced primary winches to Lewmar ST58s.|
|Tenders: 8.5’ WEST MARINE RIB 260 (2019) YAMAHA 6 hp, 4-stroke outboard motor|
|Date Listed: 01/04/2023|
GLIM is a 1981 Tall Rig / Deep Keel version of the C&C 40-2 Series of racer / cruisers as produced by C&C Yachts of Canada from 1978 through the mid-1980's. She has proven herself successful in Club and Offshore Racing venues as well as a comfortable and accommodating cruising yacht. Designed by Rob Ball of the C&C Design Group and with almost 200 examples of the C&C 40-2 produced, GLIM has proven to be an exceptional performer over the years and graceful in all sailing conditions.
GLIM has been consistently well maintained and is in good condition. She had a full "bottom job" in 2020, the sail inventory is quite complete and current for any racing event or just cruising. The electronics inventory features a B&G Zeus 3 new in 2020, a newer B&G / SIMRAD radar, and new EPIRB. During the last two years she has benefited from new Edson steering, rebuilt backstay hydraulics, new running rigging, starting battery, Force 10 stove, Fairclough frame and cover and MORE!
The Owners of GLIM are motivated to sell and encourage prospects to compare her upgrades with any on the market. Her value is outstanding for racing, cruising or a combination. GLIM is out of the water in Norwalk, CT and available for viewing. This is truly a great "value proposition" for a boat that has won races, as well as the hearts of those lucky enough to sail her.
Official Number: 634059
LOA: 39' 7'' (12.07 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Documented Year: 1981
Beam: 12' 8''
LWL: 31' 6''
Draft Max: 7' 6''
V Berths: 1
Head Room: 6' 3''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Finish: Awlgrip
Hull Shape: Monohull
Bridge Clearance: 62'
Fuel Tank: 20 Gallons (75.71 Liters)
Fresh Water: 60 Gallons (227.12 Liters)
Holding Tank: 12 Gallons (45.42 Liters)
Displacement: 18295 lbs
Ballast Weight: 9075 lbs
Designer: Rob Ball / C&C Designs
Builder: C&C Yachts
Interior Color: Blue
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 3JH4-E
- Engine Year: 2007
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 39.00
- Power KW: 29.08
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 1312.00
- Engine Location: Middle
HULL & DECK
The C&C 40 TR/DK is constructed with a hand-laid up fiberglass hull with balsa coring for strength & weight reduction.
· DARK BLUE AWLGRIP topsides (2008)
· RED Boot-top
· GOLD Cove Stripe
· Lead keel, external ballast (note: draft 7’)
· Deep Keel Factory Option: external ballast 300# lead shoe bolted on & faired (note: adds approximately 4-6" to Standard Draft to total 7.5')
· Deep Keel Ballast: 9,095# (note: standard 8,795#)
· Deep Keel Displacement: 18,285# (note: standard 17,985#)
· Spade rudder-(NEW Delrin rudder post bushing 2022)
· Rudder post through-deck fitting (Rebuilt 2022)
· Bottom job (2020). Extensive fairing, barrier coat & paint (2022)
· OFF WHITE Gelcoat for coachroof, side decks & cockpit
· Bow pulpit, double rail, stainless steel
· Stern rail w/gate for top rail (bottom rail solid), stainless steel
· Double lifelines w/gates port & starboard, 1x19 stainless steel wire
· Toe Rail, black anodized aluminum
· Custom stainless steel bow anchor roller
· Stainless grab rails on coachroof
· (1) Storage locker on coachroof, aft of main hatch, w/ non-skid strips
· Custom bow anchor roller, stainless
· (2) NICRO vents on coachroof, solar-powered
· (4) Portlights in Salon, large (replaced & re-bedded)
· (2) Portlights, in Head & above hanging locker, small
· (2) BOMAR Deck hatches (Salon and Fore Cabin) w/aluminum frames, opening (Note: New hatch glass, SELECT PLASTICS) (Coach roof hatch powdercoated 2022)
· (1) BOMAR Deck hatch, small (Head)
· Companionway hatch, sliding LEXAN w/teak frame and non-skid strips
· (1) Companionway LEXAN board
· EDSON Wheel steering w/stainless 48" wheel w/NEW 2022 elk-hide covering, binnacle guard & brake (note: engine controls mounted on the pedestal).
· NEW EDSON steering cable, chain and sprocket (2022)
· RITCHIE Globemaster 5 Binnacle compass w/cover (Rebuilt 2022)
· SIMRAD Radar on post w/pole support, aft of cockpit to starboard
· Wood outboard motor bracket on stern rail
· (2) Cockpit storage lockers
· (1) Lazarette propane locker w/tank (2 gal)
· (2) BOSE Cockpit speakers
· Scupper valves (New 2015)
RIG, RIGGING, SAILS & WINCHES
Rig & Rigging
GLIM was produced with the Factory Optional C&C 40 Tall Rig / Deep Keel rig with an "I" dimension of 2.0' more than the Standard Rig. The spar is a silver anodized aluminum (mast & boom) & has a double-set of spreaders & is keel-stepped. The mast has internal halyards.
Dimensions (Tall Rig): I=55.50', P=48.5', J=16.60', E=13.30'
Rating (PHRF LIS) 93
Sail Area (Tall Rig): 779 sq. ft
DWL to MH: 61.6' (approximate)
· HARKEN Roller-Furling
· NAVTEC Stainless steel rod standing rigging (re-headed 2009)
· Running backstays, 1x19 stainless steel wire w/ rope tails
· Lines lead aft to cockpit w/HARKEN line organizers & (2) SPINLOCK triple clutches (NEW 2022)
· Genoa tracks, 12' outboard w/ HARKEN ball-bearing adjustable cars
· Genoa tracks, 4' inboard w/ HARKEN cars
· Babystay track, 4' centerline on forward cabintop w/HARKEN adjustment tackle
· Spinnaker pole adjustment track, 12' on mast, HARKEN w/spin pole car
· HALL SPARS Quik-Vang boom vang, rigid / oil w/HARKEN block & tackle
· Boom-Powder coated(2022)
· Backstay adjuster, NAVTEC hydraulic (rebuilt 2022), remote control on aft face of bridge deck
· Mainsheet System w/ HARKEN block & tackle
· HARKEN Cabintop Traveler system with ball bearing car & w/ cross-hauls
· Running Rigging: main, genoa & spinnaker halyards, boom vang control, cross-hauls for traveler, boom tipping lift, reef lines, main sheet
· NEW Running Rigging (2022)- jib sheets, spinnaker guys, main sheet
· Four-forward halyard system (2 genoa & 2 spinnaker)
· Spinnaker pole, carbon-fiber, (Note: mounted on starboard side, forward)
· Whisker pole, aluminum, adjustable, (Note: mounted starboard side, forward)
· Mainsail, Racing Carbon w/1 row reef, Z-Sails (2018)
· Mainsail, Cruising Carbon w/1 row reef, Z-Sails (2015)
· #1 Roller jib, Carbon
· #2 Roller jib, Dacron
· #2 Jib, Carbon
· #3 Jib, Carbon
· #4 Jib, Carbon
· Jib Top Reacher, (2020)
· Spinnaker, symmetrical, (2016)
· Spinnaker, A3, (2015)
· Storm Trysail and Jib
· All sails serviced and repaired as needed (2022)
· Additional practice sails available
· (2) ST58 Primaries (Replaced. Used in excellent condition. 2022)
· (2) B 28A (1 speed) Secondary, anodized aluminum, (cockpit combing)
· (2) B 23A Self-tailing, anodized aluminum, (aft end of coachroof)
· (2) B 21A Anodized aluminum, (aft end of coachroof)
· (2) B 22A Anodized aluminum, (at mast on coachroof)
· (2) B 22S Stainless steel, (at mast on coachroof)
The C&C 40-2 has approximately 6"3" headroom throughout.
The standard layout for the C&C 40-2 is with a Fore Cabin with drawer storage to starboard and the Head to port. The Head is accessible from the Salon as well and there is a hanging locker to port just aft of the bulkhead. A removable table with drop sides is on centerline with settees to port and starboard in the salon. Pilot berths are outboard of both settees on port and starboard. The U-shaped Galley is aft to starboard. The Nav Station, with it's own seat, is aft to port and the quarter berth is immediately aft.
· Teak interior joinery, oiled
· Interior cushions: Flag blue with green accents (all new in 2019)
· Berths are all 6'4" in length
· V-Berth forward with filler piece
· Salon berths port & starboard
· Pilot berths outboard, port & starboard
· Quarter berth aft, port side
· Teak & holly cabin sole throughout
· Salon table, teak w/folding leaves on centerline (removable)
· Bookcase outboard of Nav Station
· Hanging locker forward of salon, starboard side
· Hanging locker and drawer storage forward of galley, starboard side
The Galley for GLIM is "U" shaped and located on the starboard side, aft & opposite the Nav Station.
· NEW FORCE 10 3-burner stove w/Oven, propane, gimballed (2022)
· Sink, double, stainless steel
· Wood countertops
The Head for the C&C 40-2 is located forward, port side. The Head may be entered via the Salon or the Fore Cabin.
· Head, RARITAN manual w/ raw water flush (NEW pump 2022)
· Holding tank (12 gal) plastic
· "Y" Valve for overboard discharge (note: where permitted)
· Wash basin, stainless steel w/tall faucet head
· Hot & cold pressure water service
· Shower, hand-held
· ICOM VHF IC-M502
· Wired for SAT Phone
· RAYMARINE ST60 AWI / WS
· RAYMARINE Speed / Log
· B&G Zeus 3 ChartPlotter / GPS
· B&G / SIMRAD Radar
· RAYMARINE Depth-Sounder
· Stereo w/ BOSE cockpit speakers, ALPINE speakers in Salon
The C&C 40 has both a 12V DC Ship's Service & 110V AC Shore Power Systems
· 3 Gel Batteries, 12V DC (Starting Battery-NEW 2022)
· ProSport20 Marine Battery charger
· Shore Power System, 30 AH w/ cord
· 12V DC Accessory charge access at Nav Station
· Custom running lights
· LED Tricolor (New 2019)
· SIGNAL Mate masthead light (NEW 2022)
· Steaming light
· Reading and dome lights throughout
· Navigator's Chart light at Nav Station
· Fresh water capacity: 60 USG
· Hot water tank
· RULE Bilge pump, electric/automatic (NEW 2022)
· Bilge pump, manual
- Engine Make: YANMAR
- Engine Year: 2007
- Engine Model: 3JH4-E
- Power: 39 HP
- Drive: Direct Drive
- Hours: 1,311
- Fuel Capacity: 20 USG
- Propeller: MAXPROP Feathering (2) blade (new 2020)
- Prop Shaft: New shaft and dripless shaft seal (2018)
- Raw Water Strainer (NEW 2021)
FAIRCLOUGH Cover & Aluminum frame (NEW 2021)
8.5’ WEST MARINE RIB 260 (2019)
YAMAHA 6 hp, 4-stroke outboard motor
· Aluminum Fortress Anchor w/ rode
· USCG Gear (horn, bell, PFD's)
· Switlik MOM 8S (NEW 2022)
· Fire extinguishers
· Emergency tiller
· Life-line tether attach points in Cockpit, stainless steel
· Winch handle holders
· Cockpit cushions (NEW 2022)
· Dock lines & fenders
· Boat hook
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Brewer Yacht Sales-Earning Your Business One Boat at a Time
Brewer Yacht Sales has been a trusted name in the yacht brokerage industry for over 25 years. Specializing in both used power and sailboats, most of our brokers have earned their Certified Professional Yacht Broker, (CPYB) accreditation and all are proud members of the Yacht Brokers Association of America (YBAA). Whether buying or selling, our professional sales team is ready to exceed your expectations at our conveniently located East Coast offices.
Buying Your Vessel With Brewer Yacht Sales
Our Yacht Sales Professionals share your passion for the boating lifestyle. Our brokers work with a network of contacts, establish value, negotiate on your behalf, safeguard funds in separate escrow accounts, provide an ethical atmosphere for the transaction, and build relationships. We specialize in both power and sailboats up to 100', with experience selling all major brands including Sea Ray, Viking Princess, Tiara Yachts, Sabre, Hunter, Beneteau, Tartan, and more.
Brewer Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Want more information?
Lynn Wise Oliver
Lynn fell in love with sailing and the boating lifestyle when she moved to the East Coast to work as a young adult. She understands that boating can be a wonderful, but daunting, experience. Her belief is that owning a boat should be positive, and buying and selling should be both professional and personalized to the needs of her clients.
Lynn’s insights and expertise have been gained through her extensive cruising, certification coursework, sailing, navigation and safety instruction, and earning her USCG Masters License. She was a boat owner for more than 25 years having both power and sail and is active in her local yacht club. Professionally, Lynn learned about boats, boaters and the industry as Marketing Director for Brewer Yacht Yards which included 26 locations. With the 2017 acquisition of Brewer Yacht Yards by Safe Harbor Marinas, she was appointed Director of Member Experience for the 80+ national locations.
Lynn has two adult sons who were raised in, on, and around the water and are still messing about with boats for work and pleasure. They have provided additional perspectives on boating, life and boat choices.
As an American Sailing Association and US Sail & Power Squadron Instructor and private captain, Lynn loves empowering people in boating, especially women. She understands that boating can be fabulous if all onboard feel safe, comfortable, and confident. That starts with the selection of the right boat for your lifestyle.
Contact Lynn to help with your decision-making process whether you’re buying or selling a boat. She can be reached at 203.979.5565 or [email protected].