1982 Bristol 41' (12.50 m) 41.1
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
KEEP ON DANCIN'
1982 Bristol 41.1 CC
Flag of Registry: United States
- Center Cockpit
- Fiberglass Hull
The KEEP ON DANCIN' is a 1982 model BRISTOL 41.1 Center-Cockpit sailing yacht. This model has been very well-regarded over the years for her comfort, sailing & sea-keeping abilities and, of course, the excellent production quality that was more typical of "semi-custom" vis "production" yachts of her day. Designed by Ted Hood and Dieter Empacher, the "41.1" was designed as "standard" with her keel-centerboard configuration and draws some 4'6" "board up". The BRISTOL 41.1 proved to be a very popular model and was produced in a number of versions through the early 1990's.
The present Owner of the KEEP ON DANCIN' purchased her some 21 years ago. He's the 3rd Owner since "new" and has been quite diligent with her overall maintenance and upkeep on his watch over the years. Major investments include all new electronics (circa 2005), the addition of a LEISURE FURL Mainsail System in 2005 and installation of the custom stainless steel opening ports.
The KEEP ON DANCIN' is in the process of being commissioned for this Season. She was just launched last week.
LOA: 41' 2'' (12.55 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 12' 11''
LWL: 33' 4''
Draft Max: 10' 0''
Draft Min: 4' 6''
Single Berths: 4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Shape: Displacement
Bridge Clearance: 59' 6''
Fuel Tank: 80 Gallons (302.83 Liters)
Fresh Water: 150 Gallons (567.81 Liters)
Holding Tank: 20 Gallons (75.71 Liters)
Displacement: 26530 lbs
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Westerbeke
- Engine Model: 63c
- Engine Year: 1995
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 63.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 763.00
Hull & Deck
The KEEP ON DANCIN' has FLAG BLUE topsides that have an AWLGRIP finish. The overall condition is well above-average for a yacht of her vintage.
The hull is constructed with (5) layers of fiberglass that is hand laid-up. VINYLESTER resin is utilized so osmotic blistering issues are quite rare with BRISTOL's in general & also due to long-term curing of the hull post-layup in the mold. The deck / hull joint is both through-bolted and fiberglassed. The bolts are installed with 6" centers/ The teak toe rail is also bolts on 6" centers so the actual joint is secured every 3" with a mechanical fastener.
The centerboard assembly is a "non-ballast" construction as built with a fiberglass blade and reinforced with a metal core. A friction winch is all that is necessary to raise & lower the board itself.
The bottom of the yacht has a primary RED coat and a BLACK "flash" coat underneath. The bottom is also in superior condition.
- Fiberglass hull, hand-laid up & with no coring materials
- FLAG BLUE AWLGRIP finish (note: approximately 1999-2000)
- WHITE Boot-Top w/ AWLGRIP finish
- Cove stripe
- RED Bottom
- Keel-Centerboard configuration (4.5' to 10', board down)\
- Teak rub rail w/ stainless steel striker plate (note: Factory Option)
- Skeg-mounted rudder
- Bronze bilge drain plug, custom
The exterior teak of the KEEP ON DANCIN' is also in superior condition with her recent varnish work.
- WHITE Gelcoat finish
- BRISTOL YACHTS "high flared teak toe rails", 4" height, varnished (note: Factory Option)
- All exterior teak, varnished
- (2) Dorade vents, stainless steel & w/ fiberglass drainage boxes & stainless steel guards
- Companionway pen boards, (2) sections, custom teak with high-quality marine ply construction, varnished (note: lockable from interior for "offshore" standards)
- Custom Companionway "clear" inserts with teak trim, varnished
- Bow pulpit, double-rail, stainless steel
- Lifelines, double @ upper & lower (note: new in 2020)
- Boarding gates, port & starboard
- Stern rail, double-rail, stainless steel
- Boarding gate at transom integral to the stern rail
- Stanchions, stainless steel (note: 26" height)
- (2) Body / Safety rails at the mainmast, port & starboard, 33" height, stainless steel
- Handrails on cabin top, teak, varnished, full-length
- Provision for mounting life-raft on deck (note: aft section of deck area w/ 4x securing pad-eyes, stainless steel)
- (2) Safety Line / Tether securing pad-eyes, at forward section of the Coachroof, stainless steel
- (2) Cleats, aluminum, 12" (note: forward)
- (4) Cleats, aluminum, 9" (note: amidships & aft)
- (4) Chocks, custom stainless steel for BRISTOL YACHTS for spring lines amidships & stern lines
- Bow stemhead fitting, stainless steel w/ integral (2) line chocks, tack fitting & bow anchor roller
- (8) Opening ports, custom stainless steel
- (6) BOMAR deck hatches; (2) for the large Lazarette locker access & (4) for the Fore Cabin & Salon ventilation
- (4) Portlights, fixed for Aft Cabin & Salon
- Wheel steering, EDSON 32" w/ Elk hide wrap
- White painted pedestal w/ stainless steel Binnacle Guard w/ EDSON Pod for RAYMARINE E80 Display
- RITCHIE Compass, "Powerdamp" model, 5"
- Brake for wheel
The BRISTOL 41.1 was produced with the "trademark" superb BRISTOL YACHTS joinery. The interior teak surfaces are with matching grains and varnished with both satin & gloss applications as appropriate. This Owner has expended considerable effort to the maintaining and improvement of the interior appointments over the years .. and it shows.
The Cabin Sole throughout is constructed of a solid teak w/ ash inlay wood process w/ an underlying marine plywood base. The thickness of the teak & inlaid ash is 3/8". There is no thin veneer to to easily damage; given the depth of the teak & inlaid holly, any blemished can easily be sanded out.
- Varnished teak interior joinery throughout
- Matching grains for all joinery
- Teak ceilings throughout (note: individual teak strips laid up on side of hull interior & assist in hull insulation)
- Headroom: 6'5"
- Fabric: AQUAMARINE cloth upholstery
- Lee cloths for settees / berths, port & starboard
- Table, teak w/ (2) folding leaves
- Storage cabinetry w/ rattan for proper ventilation
- Teak ceilings
- Large V-berth
- V-berth insert w/ cushion (note: the insert stores in a custom rack overhead)
- Hanging locker
- Storage cabinets
- Teak ceilings
- Headroom: 6'4"
- Transom Berth: 6'3" L (port to starboard) x 60" W (fore & aft)
- Fabric: DARK BLUE VELOUR cloth upholstery for the Transom Berth
- Fabric: DARK BLUE SUNBRELLA cloth upholstery for the settee
- Teak ceilings
- Hanging locker
- Storage drawers
- Curtains for the opening ports & portlights
- The BRISTOL 41.1 CC is provided with a large Galley that's located in the passageway that leads from the Salon to the Aft-Cabin on the starboard side. SHIPMATE Stove w/ oven, propane (3) burner, stainless steel & gimbaled
- FORMICA Cover for stove top
- Remote propane gas shut-off switch
- SEA-FROST Refrigeration, dual evaporator plates, air-cooled with water-cooling option (note: per Owner, never used water-cooling)
- Sinks, double stainless steel
- Manual water via foot-pump
- Icebox drain via hand-pump
- Icebox w/ dual acesss lids, unit lined w. stainless steel & w/ teak slats (removable)
- Butcher block cutting board
- The BRISTOL 41.1 was produced with (2) Heads. Both are ensuite to the respective Fore & Aft Cabins. The Fore Cabin Head has an entrance door from the Salon as well. RARITAN Marine Head, manual
- Holding Tank System w/ "Y" valves, 20 USG
- EDSON Whaler manual pump for tank discharge offshore
- Vanity w/ storage underneath
- Vanity sink, stainless steel
- FORMICA Countertops
- Shower w/ sump pumps
- Opening port
Rig, Rigging, Winches & Sails
The KEEP ON DANCIN' has the standard BRISTOL 41.1 anodized aluminum rig with a single set of spreaders, internal halyards and is keel-stepped.
The 1x19 stainless steel standing rigging consists of forward & aft lower shrouds, upper shrouds & forward & aft stays.
Sail Plan Dimensions: I-53.00;, P=45.00', E=15.25' & J=16.83'
Sail Area (100% F/T): 789 Sq / Ft
Mast Height from DWL: 59.50' (note: not including wind instruments or antennas)
A major upgrade as provided by this Owner to facilitate sailing the yacht with a light crew is the LEISURE FURL Roller-Furling Boom unit by FORESPAR. The system, to include the FORESPAR boom vang, was installed in 2005. The given sail plan dimensions and sail areas provided will differ slightly from the published "standard" details accordingly.
Rigging & Sail Handling
- Fold-down mast steps, aluminum (note: alternate spacing & enable ascent to the top of the mast)
- SCHAEFER 3100 Roller-furling for the jib / genoa
- Standing rigging, 1x19 stainless steel
- FORESPAR LEISURE FURL Mainsail Management System (note: new in 2005, mainsail furls into the boom assembly & has a separate Off-White SUNBRELLA cover)
- (2) LEWMAR Spinlock line-stoppers for LEISURE FURL System (note: located w/ the ANDERSEN electric winch for main halyard & roller-furl line)
- FORESPAR Boom vang, rigid oil / spring, heavy-duty (note: to also support the LEISURE FURL boom without a topping lift)
- Halyards: main, (2) jib / genoa & spinnaker (note: main in process of being replaced)
- Genoa sheets (note: replaced, Summer 2021)
- (1) Flag halyard to starboard spreader (note: provision for 2nd halyard to port spreader)
- Topping lift for the boom (note: in process of being replaced)
- Topping lift for the whisker pole
- HARKEN Mainsheet Traveler System w/ 4:1 Cross-hauls for the HARKEN ball-bearing traveler car
- HARKEN Mainsheet System w/ 6:1 purchase tackle
- Genoa tracks, inboard 10' aluminum, w/ cars, adjustable
- (2) Deck-mounted line turning blocks, custom stainless steel (note: mounted aft)
- Whisker pole, anodized aluminum (note: mounted on deck, starboard side forward)
Winches (LEWMAR & ANDERSEN)
- (2) L55 AST (3) speed Primary Jib / Genoa,
- (2) L46 CST (2) speed Mainsheet
- (4) L40 C Halyard / line winches (2) speed (note: mounted on the mast)
- ANDERSEN 46 CST Electric (2) speed (note: mounted on Coachroof, starboard side, used for the LEISURE FURL Mainsail System)
- Reel winch, MERRIMAN friction-type (note: mounted on the Coachroof, port side aft & used for centerboard operations)
The KEEP ON DANCIN' has had light use over the years and the sails (main & genoa are in very good condition.
- Main w/ full horizonal battens for LEISURE FURL System (2005)
- Genoa, 160%, QUANTUM (2000), Dacron, Roller-furling w/ tabling cover (note: replaced 2018)
- Cruising Spinnaker, U-K SAILMAKERS, .75 oz. Nylon (note: aboard yacht when purchased in 2000 & per Owner, "never out of the bag & used")
The RAYMARINE ST-60 Speed / Log, AWI / WS & Depth units are all installed in a custom instrument console w/ a varnished teak facia piece located at the Companionway entrance.
The backstay is insulated and with a grounding plate to facilitate a SSB (or similar) installation.
The RAYMARINE electronics & the VHF were all installed in the 2004-05 timeframe
- Communication VHF; STANDARD Horizon Eclipse w/ remote mike at Helm Station
- RAYMARINE ST-60 Speed / log
- RAYMARINE ST-60 AWI / WS
- RAYMARINE E80 GPS & ChartPlotter (note: mounted in EDSON Pod at the Helm Station)
- RAYMARINE Radar (note: the Radome mounted on the mast)
- GARMIN 276C GPS (note: at the Nav Station)
- RAYMARINE ST-60 Depth-sounder
- RAYMARINE ST-6000 (note: control box to port of the Helm Station)
- Stereo System, FUSION MS-RA200 w/ (2) speakers in Salon & (2) in Cockpit
Electrical & Systems
- The BRISTOL 41.1 is provided with both a 12 VDC Ship's Service and 110 VAC Shore Power System.(6) Batteries, ROLLS 12 VDC: Ship's Service / Utility (total about 600 AH), Engine Start & Generator Start (note: the anchor windlass is powered via a heavy-duty cable run forward to the unit)
- Battery charger, VICTRON ENERGY 2000 MultiPlus, 80 AH (note: charger & Inverter in same MultiPlus unit)
- Inverter, VICTRON ENERGY 2000 MultiPlus, 50 AH
- Shore Power w/ 30 AH service & cord
- Interior 110 VAC outlets throughout
- (5) BASS Electrical panels, (2) DC & (2) AC & (1) Main (note: all located at the Nav Station)
- (2) GUEST Power Switches, 12 VDC for "Ship's Service" & "Engine Start"
The generator is installed under the Aft Cabin berth
- WESTERBEKE WMD-4.4 kW Genset w/ (2) cylinder FWC diesel
- Capacity: 4.4 kW - 110 VAC
- Hours: 1047
- Insulated installation compartment
- Alternator 50 AH
- Fresh water capacity: 150 USG in (3) tanks (note: (1) tank forward, (2) tanks amidships, port & starboard)
- Hot & cold pressure water system w/ hot water heat off of the engine & 110 VAC
- Hot water heater, (6) USG (note: off engine & Shore Power)
- Bilge pumps: (1) manual (in Cockpit). (1) electric / automatic
- Shower sump pump, electric (note: both Showers use the same pump)
- Washdown pump, salt water (note: outlet mounted in the bow anchor well)
- Nav lights (note: LED bulbs)
- Tricolor Masthead Nav Light
- Masthead light (note: integral w/ Tricolor Light w/ separate panel switch)
- Spreader lights
- Foredeck light
- Steaming light (note: integral with Foredeck light assembly)
- Overhead dome light in Aft Head
- Lights: (2) Forward Cabin, (2) Forward Head, (2) Salon, (1) Aft Cabin
- Dome light: (1) Aft Head
- Fluorescent: (1) Aft Cabin, Nav Station & Galley
The KEEP ON DANCIN' does have a CRUISAIR 110 VAC reverse-cycle heat & air conditioning for the Salon. However, it has not been used "in years" and is not represented to be functioning.
- (3) Fans, 12 VDC throughout
The KEEP ON DANCIN' is powered by a WESTERBEKE Model 63C (4) cylinder FWC marine diesel rated at 63 HP at 3500 RPM. This engine was installed in the mid-1990's & prior to this Owner's purchase of the yacht in 2000. Since acquisition, the yacht has logged some 250 hours or so on the engine to bring the total to the number indicated below.
- Hours: 763
- Propeller, (3) blade, bronze
- Propeller shaft, 1-1/4" stainless steel
- Line cutters on prop shaft
- RACOR fuel filter
- Insulated engine room
- Alternator BALMAR 90 AH & w/ BALMAR ARS5 Smart Regulator
- Engine exhaust elbow (2015)
- Exhaust anti-syphon unit (2015)
- Ground Tackle LOFRANS Anchor windlass, TIGRES 1200 Watt w/ dual cats for all chain or rope rodes, 12 VDC w/ "up" & "down" foot controls on deck
- MANTUS swivel for main anchor rode, stainless steel (2021)
- CQR Plow anchor, 60# w/ 150'+ high-tensile chain rode
- FORTRESS anchor, 23# w/ rode
- Bow sprit, stainless steel w/ integral rollers
- Bow anchor well w/ separate hawse pipe on deck for rope rode
Canvas (Light Tan SUNBRELLA)
- Connector section for Dodger & Bimini
- (2) Covers for the Cockpit storage spaces
- USCG gear
- KIDDE Fire extinguishers
- Emergency tiller
- (4) Buoyant cushions, throwable
- Radar reflector
- Dock lines & fenders
- Boat hook
- Cockpit table, teak, varnished & folding (note: mounted on the binnacle)
- Boarding ladder, custom stainless steel (note: designed to be mounted on port side at the amidships boarding gate location)
- Dinghy davits, custom GARHAUER w/ block & tackle, stainless steel (note: installed at the deck area at the transom, removable)
- Barometer (note: in Salon, starboard side forward)
- EDSON Outboard motor mount (note: installed on stern rail, starboard side)
- Dinghy / Tender (note: as shown in photos)
Brewer Yacht Sales
Brewer Yacht Sales’ Stamford office is located inside Safe Harbor Yacht Haven Marina. With easy access by land or sea, Safe Harbor Yacht Haven Marina is the Long Island Sound gateway to all points heading east. Protected by a breakwater, Stamford harbor is divided into two branches. Safe Harbor Yacht Haven Marina can be found on the East branch, with over 350 slips.
The professional sales staff at Brewer Yacht Sales Stamford are committed to making your boat buying or selling experience an enjoyable one! Our Brewer Yacht Sales brokers have on average twenty years of boating industry experience, and it is their job to make your transaction smooth and worry-free. We want to build long-term relationships with our customers, whether you are transitioning out of your current boat or into your next one.
A true yacht sales professional, Randy started his yacht sales career in Connecticut over 40 years ago after a tour of duty as a Naval Aviator, then solo sailing the East Coast and down to the Islands. Randy is pleased to continue to offer his clients the accumulated experience garnered from a lifetime of boating as well as performing as a yacht broker, agent, dealer, and importer since 1973.
To date, Randy has completed over 900 new and brokerage yacht sales transactions on behalf of his clients! For new yacht sales, Randy has represented many of the best and most recognizable yacht manufacturers including Nautor’s Swan, Baltic Yachts, Contest Yachts, Grand Banks, Bertram, Hatteras, C&C, Pearson, Bristol Yachts, and J-Boats. With his extensive product knowledge, highly successful track record, fine reputation, and extensive Industry contacts, Randy will get the job done for his buyers and sellers alike.
Randy, his wife Pam, their two daughters, and families (that includes 4 grandchildren!) all enjoy being on the water and cherish the great things boating brings to a family. To benefit from Randy’s extensive experience, you can contact him via his cell 203-512-0847 or via email at “[email protected]”. If you are one of Randy’s numerous past clients and would like to reacquaint, he would certainly like to hear from you!