1985 Pearson 42' (12.80 m) 422
Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
- Fiberglass Hull
Destiny is a Center cockpit Pearson 422 with all the accommodations and features of an off-shore cruising vessel. Priced to sell this fall. The center cockpit allows for a centerline queens berth aft for the owners with private head and another double berth cabin forward also with a head. Very clean with a low hour Yanmar (820 hrs), custom electrical upgrades, Force 10 propane cabin heater, 6'4" headroom and a warm nicely furnished salon teak interior. Ready to cruise with dinghy and motor.
Built with a solid molded hull, balsa core deck with encapsulated lead fin keel, and a fiberglass rudder mounted on protective skeg. Keel stepped Isomat Mast and Boom with single spreader. Yanmar turbocharged 4 cyl diesel 50hp with 55 amp alternator. Autohelm 4000 Auto Pilot w/ wind sensor, Wheel, emergency tiller.
Her center cockpit includes a VHF radio, Knotmeter, Compass, Depthfinder, GPS wired to batteries, Pedestal wheel steering. She has three sails: a full batten mainsail w/ Dutchman system and cover, a 135% roller furling Genoa and a cruising spinnaker with aluminum spars and stainless steel standing rigging. She sleeps six in three cabins. A Zodiac 8'6" inflatable keel dinghy and 4 HP Tohatsu outboard is included.
Don't forget......boats berthed in RI do not have to pay sales or use taxes. Ask about a 50% slip and storage discount for new customers. If you are looking for a well equipped turnkey inshore/offshore cruiser...Destiny is your boat.
LOA: 42' (12.80 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Photos click to view all
The interior is very attractive with varnished teak bulkheads and trim throughout; a varnished teak and holly sole; and, light-colored soft headliner overhead and under the side decks. The forward guest cabin features a large, full-width queen-sized berth with light beige upholstery and drawers under; a full-length hanging locker to port; a bureau/locker to starboard; a private head with shower (accessible from forward cabin and main salon); an overhead hatch and four opening ports; and, a fore peak locker. Moving aft, the salon has settees (66 long, doubling as berths, Navy upholstery) to port and starboard with backrests and bookshelves outboard as well as storage behind the seat backs. A solid teak drop-leaf table is mounted on centerline and offers ample room for six adults. A Force 10 propane cabin heater is mounted on the mast. Ventilation is excellent with two large hatches over the dining area and opening ports throughout the salon, galley and aft head. The U-shaped galley is to starboard and includes a Hillerange three-burner propane stove with oven; a microwave oven; Adler-Barbour refrigeration/freezer; deep, double stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressure water; a salt water foot pump; and, commodious storage in lockers and drawers (including designated dish bins outboard.) To port is the forward facing navigation station complete with shelves, navigators seat, storage under the chart desk and ample space for electronics. Aft of the nav. station is the passageway (offering full, standing headroom) to the owners stateroom aft. Outboard in the passageway is a large locker with louvered doors and generous storage compartments. The engine compartment is large and well lighted and is easily accessible from the owners cabin. The spacious and airy aft cabin has a walk-around queen-sized berth (66 x 42) with beige upholstery on centerline; bureaus with drawers and wide shelves outboard to port and starboard; a large hanging locker; and, four opening ports plus overhead hatch for ventilation.
• Two VHF Radios (Cockpit and Nav. Station)
• Datamarine Knotmeter
• Garmin 45 GPS at Binnacle hardwired to batteries
• Compass at Binnacle
• AM/FM Cassette Stereo w/ Five CD Changer
• 4 6V Golf Batteries for the house
* 1 12V starter Battery
* 1750 Watt Inverter
• 12 Volt and 110 Volt Systems with Circuit Breaker Panel and Voltmeter
• Battery Charger
• 2 Shore Power Cords %0 & #0 Amp.)
• Full Batten Mainsail with Dutchman Reefing System
• 135% Roller Furling Genoa
• Cruising Spinnaker with Dousing Sock
• Blue Mainsail Cover
• Blue Dodger with attached Bimini (standing headroom) and screens
• Single Spreader Coated Aluminum Mast
• Halyard Winches on Spar
• Self-Tailing Primary Winches on Cockpit Coaming
• Windward Sheeting Traveler (aft end of cockpit) with Mainsheet Winch
• Lofrans electric windlass
* White Hull with Blue Stripe and Rub Rail Skeg-Hung Rudder
• Light Gray Decks
• Teak Toe Rail Cap & Teak Handrails
• S/S Bow Sprit w/ Roller & Anchor Well
* Stainless Steel Swim Ladder
• Double Bow & Stern Pulpits with Double Lifelines
• 16 Opening Ports
• 4 Aluminum Hatches
• 4 Dorade Vents with 3 Cowls
* 10' Soft bottom inflatable dinghy
*3.5 hp Tohatsu dinghy motor
Destiny's owners are very knowledgeable and have followed an extensive program of systems and cosmetic maintenance. Upgrades:
• Aft Cabin Mattress 2000
• Aft Cabin Head 1999
• Forward Cabin Head 2000
• Aft Cabin Sink/Shower faucets 1998
• Grohe Faucet/Shower in Forward Head 2000
• New Cutlass Bearing 1998
• Shaft Seal Tightened 2000
• Starter Rebuilt 1996
• Exhaust Nipple Replace 1995
• Standard Mainsheet Replaced with 4:1 Tackle for Easier Adjustment from Helm
• Swim Ladder Modified with Larger Teak Treads and New Stainless Steel Bolts
• Cabin Sole Refinished with 7 Coats Varnish 1996
• Teak Companionway Steps & Teak Cockpit Grating Refinished
• Cushion Covers in Forward Cabin 2000
• New 12 V Light Fixtures throughout boat 2000
• Dodger/Bimini Partial Enclosure 2000
• Five CD Changer/Player 1998
• Two 12 V Batteries 2000
• Two-Way Antenna Switch to serve 2b VHF Radios
• New Cabin & Cockpit Stereo Speakers with 3-Way Selector Switch
• New, Hidden, AM/FM Antenna Installed
• New Mirrors and Towel Racks Installed in both Heads
• Two Halogen Reading Lights Installed
* All Hoses and Lines Double-Clamped and Tightened
• New Pressure Water Pump 1999
• New Aft Head Shower Sump Pump 1999
• Engine & Engine Mounts Cleaned and Painted as Needed
Brewer Yacht Sales
Brewer Yacht Sales’ Warwick office is located inside Safe Harbor Cowesett. Whether it is reaching through the protected waters of Greenwich Bay or deep-sea fishing off Montauk, Safe Harbor Cowesett is in the heart of boater’s paradise. Onshore, you can enjoy the nearby Roger Williams Park Zoo, the public golf course at the East Greenwich Golf and Country Club, and the many boutiques and antique shops of East Greenwich Village. Safe Harbor Cowesett offers all the amenities to make your stay comfortable.
The professional sales staff at Brewer Yacht Sales Warwick are committed to making your boat buying or selling experience an enjoyable one! Our Brewer Yacht Sales brokers have on average twenty years of boating industry experience, and it is their job to make your transaction smooth and worry-free. We want to build long-term relationships with our customers, whether you are transitioning out of your current boat or into your next one.
Mike Farman, CPYB
I have been fortunate enough to be with the Brewer organization as a customer since 1992 and as a Brewer Yacht Sales broker since 2001 at the Warwick, RI location. Before that, I held a 100 Ton USCG Masters License, enjoyed senior corporate positions, and backed up my experience by becoming a Certified Professional Yacht Broker, (CPYB-only 550 in North America) and a member of the Yacht Broker Association of America (YBAA).
In addition to the professional awards recognizing my contributions to the boating community, I am most proud of the professional manner in which my associates at Brewer Yacht Sales do business. I have sold over 600 brokerage boats and I am equally comfortable with power and sailboats. I have owned more than a dozen boats from a 54’ Vagabond Schooner to my current boats: a 36’ Trawler and 22’ Tripp Angler.
My priority is to find the right boat for my customer, regardless of who has the listing. I believe in listening to my clients and feel confident that they will benefit from my many years of experience. Please keep in mind we always have qualified buyers for quality listings. Whether you are buying or selling, please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to help you.