1982 Kadey-Krogen 42' (12.80 m) Cruiser
Solomons, Maryland, United States
1982 Kadey-Krogen Cruiser
- Fiberglass Hull
Tranquility is being offered as a "Where is as is" sale. She has had a recent survey (12/30/20) and is asking where she has been valued. She has been hauled out and will stay on land until sold. If anyone knows these boats, they know they have an incredible layout both below and on deck. She is in need of attention as she has been sitting for the last 3 years. Many of these vessels of the same era sell for $150,000 to $250,000. This could be an opportunity for someone to purchase her at a very reasonable price and start to bring her back to her glory.
Stout long range pilothouse cruiser designed for offshore voyaging. Single Ford Lehman diesel and 700 gallon fuel capacity yields around 2000 mile range at 8 knots. Ballasted keel, 360 gallon water capacity. Beautiful teak interior gets you there in comfort and style.
LOA: 42' 4'' (12.90 Meters)
Type: Power- Used
Draft Max: 4' 7''
Cruise Speed: 9 MPH
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 700 Gallons (2649.79 Liters)
Fresh Water: 350 Gallons (1324.89 Liters)
Holding Tank: 30 Gallons (113.56 Liters)
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Lehman
- Engine Model: 2715E
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Power HP: 135.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
From the afterdeck, double doors lead into the salon. Large sliding windows and 6'6" of headroom create a well lit open space. She has a large sofa to starboard and two chairs to port. Teak Parquet flooring through out adds to the warmth below
The U-Shaped galley is located starboard at the forward end of the salon. Next to the galley and down a couple of steps is the access to the Master cabin and guest cabin. Outboard to port is the access to the pilot house.
The master stateroom at the forward end of the passageway has an offset double berth to starboard with handing locker and shelves to port and private head with shower in the forepeak. The guest stateroom is to starboard off the passageway featuring upper and lower single berths. One berth folds up so as to create a nice office should that be more desirable. A head with separate shower stall is located across from the guest stateroom.
Up several steps to the Pilot house where one will find port and starboard doors giving access to the side decks. Centerline helm and large settee aft.
- Large U-shaped Sea Galley to starboard and forward in salon;Corian counter tops with built-in sink, and hot and cold pressure water
- Large Isotherm refrigerator and freezer
- Sharp Microwave
- Electric flat top stove with oven
- Solid teak cabinetry with plenty of storage below as well as above
- Round opening port over stove
- Ford Lehman 135HP dsl engine - model 2715E Serial # D2167/54 Fresh water cooled
- Sea water strainerBorg Warner velvet drive transmission
- All bronze thru hulls
- Stainless steel shaft 1.5"
- Bronze 4 blade propeller
- Hydraulic steering (upper helm has been disconnected)
- Emergency tiller
- 2 electric bilge pumps
- 1 manual bilge pump
- 2 fuel tanks totalling 700 gallons (steel)
- 45 CQR primary anchor with approx. 200' of 3/8" Chain
- Secondary Fortress FX37 with aprox. 50' of 3/8" chain and approx 150' of 5/8" nylon 3-strand rode
- Swim platform
- Portable boarding ladder
- 2 type IV life rings
- Dock lines
- Flybridge canvas cover
- Tender chocks
- Galley Maid 12 volt windlass
- Dual bow rollers
- 2 chain stoppers
- Bow rail with pulpit. Safety rails
- Radar reflector
- Spreader lights
- Search light
- 125 volt AC, 30amp dual leg shorepower and generator systems
- 12 volt DC system
- 2-8D engine crank batteries (needs replacing)
- 6-6volt batteries in parallel and series for house and inverter use (needs replacing)
- Northern Lights Model M753W.3 Serial # 743-33994C 8KW (503 hrs logged)
- 2 reverse cycle marine air conditioning systems 16,000 BTU
- Xantrex 100 amp charger/2000 watt inverter
- Interior lights
- running lights
- anchor light
- Battery switch
- Systems have not been tested to know their condition. This is only a list of what has been seen.Robertson AP35 autopilot
- Standard Horizon Quantum VHR/FM radio with distress
- Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF/FM radio
- Raymarine ST60+ digital depthmeter
- Hand held VHF radio
- Binnacle compass
- Recent closed array Garmin 7610 GPS chartplotter, radar
- High bilge water alarm
- Engine room and aft facing cameras
- 2 heads with holding tank
- Steady mast converted to tender crane. Single spreader, deck stepped. Aluminum.
- 360 gallons of water in 1 tank
Brewer Yacht Sales
Brewer Yacht Sales’ Solomons office is located at Safe Harbor Zahnisers. Solomons is a picturesque waterfront town nestled where the Patuxent River meets the Chesapeake Bay in Calvert County, Maryland.
Voted “One of the 15 Happiest Seaside Towns in America”, Solomons has great attractions all year round including the Taste of Solomons, 4th of July Fireworks Celebration, Solomons Offshore Grand Prix, Screwpile Challenge, Christmas Walk, and Solomons Plein Air Festival. With frequent events and festivals also at Annmarie Sculpture Park and Calvert Marine Museum, you will always find something new and fun to do.
The professional sales staff at Brewer Yacht Sales Solomons are committed to making your boat buying or selling experience an enjoyable one! Our Brewer Yacht Sales brokers have on average twenty years of boating industry experience, and it is their job to make your transaction smooth and worry-free. We want to build long-term relationships with our customers, whether you are transitioning out of your current boat or into your next one.
The water has always been a part of my life since learning to sail aboard a Sailfish while vacationing in Chatham, Massachusetts. At twelve, I graduated to Penguins and 420’s at the Tred Avon Yacht Club in Oxford, Maryland. My parents always belonged to the Corinthian Yacht Club in Philadelphia and I often accompanied them on cruises aboard a Hinckley Bermuda 40 that we cruised in the Chesapeake.
Understanding banking after working 12 years for Loyola Savings and Loan of Maryland, I helped navigate the purchase of a 32’ Pearson Vanguard for a friend and taught him to sail. Loving the idea of sharing my passion for boating, I joined Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales (in what is now Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and Marina) in 1990 and worked as a broker for fifteen years.
In 1993, Oxford Boatyard Yacht Sales became a dealer for Sabre and Back Cove Motor Yachts and I acquired an understanding and respect for powerboats. I worked closely with the boatyard commissioning new vessels and working as a liaison between new owners and the marina. I have an intimate understanding of the boat buying process - how to guide new owners through surveys, sea trials, registration, and documentation.
I love all boats and each one has its own quality. Though I would consider myself a traditionalist in boat design, I like what the new designs offer in comfort and ability.
When not talking boats, my husband (of 25 years) and I live in Easton, Maryland. My husband is the rigging supervisor at Safe Harbor Oxford Boatyard and our daughter works at the marina full time, having graduated from Washington College in 2020. She earned her Teaching Certification and is applying for a teaching position in English.
I am starting my 4th year as a broker with Brewer Yacht Sales and in addition to my office at Safe Harbor Zahniser’s in Solomon’s, Maryland I now have an office at Safe Harbor Oxford. This enables me to cover the territory from the Eastern Shore to Solomon’s Island and everything in between.
I look forward to speaking with you and sharing my passion for boats. Let me help you find the perfect yacht or support and guide you in the sale of your existing vessel!