Buying with Brewer Yacht Sales
WHY CHOOSE BREWER YACHT SALES TO BUY YOUR BOAT?
Our 16 Yacht Sales Professionals share your passion for the boating lifestyle. They are knowledgeable in all facets of the industry, and each Brewer broker is a member of the Yacht Brokers Association of America, (YBAA). With great pride we have many brokers that have earned their Certified Professional Yacht Broker, (CPYB) accreditation! Our brokers work with a network of contacts, establish value, negotiate on your behalf, safeguard funds in separate escrow accounts, provide an ethical atmosphere for the transaction, and build relationships. Our brokers abide to the YBAA code of ethics. Hal Slater, President of Brewer Yacht sales has served on the board of directors of YBAA since 2009, he was appointed president of the association during 2015-2016 and is currently the acting Vice President and serving on their long-range planning committee.
As your "Buyers Agent" we will protect your interest throughout the entire purchase process; below is a list of what to expect on your behalf:
• Search for vessels that meet your criteria and are worth looking into
• Research competitive market pricing and recorded actual sale amounts
• Help negotiate a fair deal
• Advise & help with the assembly of a competent professional survey team
• Coordinate schedules for the survey, schedule short haul with boat yard
• Renegotiate price/terms based on any survey deficiencies
• Negotiate escrows that may need to be established
• Hold escrow funds in a Brewer Yacht Sales escrow account
• Perform title search, order USGC abstract of title
• Prepare official closing documents
• Satisfy any leans against the vessel prior to seller receiving proceeds
• Advise on sales tax laws that will vary by state
• Prepare USCG documentation application & state registration paperwork
• Secure proper deletion of registry on foreign flagged vessels
• Provide USCG deletion for vessels sold to non-US citizens.
• Provide finance and insurance options
• Advise on shipping options where applicable
• Provide assistance with summer slip and winter storage
• Suggest maintenance services that are available for hire
• All transactions will comply with YBAA standards & code of ethics
Networking with brokers from Florida to Maine, across the Great Lakes and down to the Gulf Coast, we’re confident we can complete our mission!
The buyer's agent is paid only when a sale is made, paid by the seller from the commission due the listing broker who then splits with the buyer's broker agent. There is no expense to the buyer for this professional service. A large percentage of yacht sales are produced by this arrangement, the professional yacht sales communities participate in cooperative efforts on behalf of their clients.