WHY CHOOSE BREWER YACHT SALES TO BUY YOUR BOAT?
Our Yacht Sales Professionals share your passion for the boating lifestyle. They are knowledgeable in all facets of the industry and each Brewer broker is a member of the Yacht Brokers Association of America, (YBAA). With great pride we have many brokers that have earned their Certified Professional Yacht Broker, (CPYB) accreditation! Our brokers work with a network of contacts, establish value, negotiate on your behalf, safeguard funds in separate escrow accounts, provide an ethical atmosphere for the transaction, and build relationships. Our brokers abide by the YBAA code of ethics. Hal Slater, President of Brewer Yacht Sales, has served on the YBAA Board of Directors since 2009. He was appointed President of the Association for 2015-2016 and is currently the acting Treasurer as well as serving on their long-range planning committee.
As your “Buyers Agent” our brokers will protect your interest throughout the entire purchase process; below is a list of what to expect on your behalf:
• Search for vessels that meet your criteria and are worth looking into
• Research competitive market pricing and recorded actual sale amounts
• Provide Boat History Report on all vessels of interest
• Help negotiate a fair deal
• Advise & help with the assembly of a competent professional survey team
• Coordinate schedules for the survey, schedule short haul with boat yard
• Renegotiate price/terms based on any survey deficiencies
• Negotiate escrows that may need to be established
• Hold escrow funds in a Brewer Yacht Sales escrow account
• Perform Title search, order USGC abstract of title on documented vessels; $50.00 fee.
• Prepare official closing documents and electronically archive these documents after closing
• Electronic transactions, electronic deal forms, and electronic banking offers expedited services
• Satisfy any liens against the vessel prior to seller receiving proceeds
• Advise on sales tax laws that will vary by state
• Prepare USCG documentation application & state registration paperwork for client to register vessel
• Secure proper deletion of registry on foreign flagged vessels
• Provide USCG deletion for vessels sold to non-US citizens.
• Provide finance and insurance options
• Advise on shipping options where applicable
• Provide assistance with summer slip and winter storage
• Suggest maintenance services that are available for hire
• All transactions will comply with YBAA standards & code of ethics
Networking with brokers from Florida to Maine, across the Great Lakes and down to the Gulf Coast, we’re confident we can complete our mission!
The buyer’s agent is paid only when a sale is made, paid by the seller from the commission due the listing broker, who then splits with the buyer’s broker agent. There is a $175.00 processing fee to the buyer for this professional service, if and when the vessel is purchased. A large percentage of yacht sales are produced by this arrangement, the professional yacht sales communities participate in cooperative efforts on behalf of their clients.