2006 Sabre 426
The Sabre 42 Express is considered by many to be the best coastal cruiser created by Sabre Yachts. This 2006 offering is a CLEAN example of this impressive downeast design. The yacht has been professionally maintained by expert technicians. ARCTURUS is equipped with all the creature comforts, and is beautifully finished. She offers a phenomenal ride with her twin "common-rail" Cummins 500 turbo-diesels and "fly by wire" electronic engine controls. A stunning Flag Blue Awlgripped topsides, a Freedom-lift dinghy launch, an Avon inflatable RIB with Honda 15hp, her "tried-and-true" Direct Drive shafts, and her bow thruster for added maneuverability, collectively make her a well-equipped, beautifully finished, gentleman's cruising yacht.
Listed Below are Recent Updates:
- 2018 New Generator Battery
- 2018 New Shower sump pump and float switch
- 2018 Complete engine service and oil changes by MR Power Specialists
- 2018 New impellers in main engines and generator
- 2018 Re-certified Fireboy engine fire suppression system
- 2018 New fire extinguishers throughout
- 2018 New shower head
- 2018 Props, shafts, trim tabs and rudders coated with PropSpeed
- 2017 New hydraulic line on Freedom Lift, purchased 2 spare hydraulic lines
- 2017 New shaft spurs
- 2017 Propellors removed & reconditioned
- 2017 New custom cockpit cover and structure
- 2017 New Xantrex True Battery Charger
- 2017 New 8-D Ships Batteries
- 2017 New A/C Air handler in main cabin, other A/C units fully serviced
- 2017 New head macerator pump
- 2017 New Glendenning remote control
- 2017 New blue courtesy lights in cockpit
- 2017 New Bluetooth for Fusion sound system
- 2017 New bridge stereo speakers
- 2016 Complete engine service and oil changes by MR Power Specialists
- 2016 New Echo Charger for generator battery
- 2016 New Turbocharger on port engine
- 2016 After coolers fully cleaned and serviced using ultrasound and pressure testing
- 2016 Installed shut-off valves at engine oil and transmission oil drain ports
- 2016 New crankcase breather hose
- 2016 Generator heat exchanger assembly ultrasound cleaned and pressure tested
- 2016 New generator start/stop solenoid, dip stick and actuator
- 2016 Replaced damaged OceanAir shade in main cabin
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length42 ft - 12.8 meter
LOA:42 ft 6 in - 12.95 meter
Beam:13 ft 5 in - 4.09 meter
Draft - max:6 ft 10 in - 2.08 meter
Bridge Clearance:59 ft - 17.98 meter
Dry Weight:24000 lbs
Cruise Speed:25 MPH
Horsepower:500 (Individual), 1000 (combined)
Max Speed:30 MPH
Fuel Tank:450 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Fresh Water Tank:160 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Holding Tank:30 gallons - 1 tank(s)
I : 56.33 ft
J : 16.50 ft
P : 49.33 ft
E : 17.42 ft
Working Sail Area : 920.00 sq ft
Keel Type: Wing
Ballast: 8650 lb
Displacement: 24500 sq ft
Max Draft: 5.00 ft
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Sabre 426 embraces the standards which have put Sabre's name atop the quality spectrum of boatbuilding for the last 30 years. Current Sabre owners and those who have followed the brand over time, will see details here which make it feel familiar. Details which make sense, which add to comfort, security and well being. Logical details that, above all, make each Sabre design a great safe and beautiful sailboat. But details from the past are just part of the story. Keeping up with technology has to go hand in hand with our desire to build the finest possible sailing yachts for our clients. The Sabre 426 hull and deck will be built using vacuum bagged, closed cell, cross linked PVC foam and structural E Glass, which will give her one of the strongest, lightest, most durable structures available today. Hull lines, underwater appendages and rigs were drawn by Jim Taylor Yacht Design. The deck, deck styling and interior were accomplished by the Sabre Design Team. The result is a yacht which will, like her siblings, establish a benchmark in sailing that will endure for many years to come.
Hand crafted interior joinery in American cherry
- 6'6" headroom in main and aft areas, with 6'4" headroom in forward cabin
- Forward cabin has a 6'10" long berth
- Main cabin has (2) 6' 6" settee berths, port side converts to double.
- Aft-cabin with 6'10" long, full width double berth
- Ample drawers in cabins galley and main salon. Drawer boxes are Maple and have dovetailed corners.
- Flat panel passageway doors
- Large, cedar lined hanging lockers in forward and aft cabins.
- Optimized area for instrument installation, storage locker space and panel arrangement at the chart table.
- Locker doors are louvered.
- Four 12-volt 110 amp group 31 deep cycle marine batteries
- 110V shore power system with GFI protected in galley and head. Includes 50??? shorepower cord
- Macerator pump for head
- Master AC/DC panels, located in the navigation area, include AC/DC volt and ammeters, marine circuit breakers, and polarity indicator.
- All wiring is color coded and tinned and meets USCG standards
- Heart Freedom 25 Inverter/charger
- Sea Frost 12v refrigeration unit in galley
- Interior lighting by Cantalupi
- 4 cylinder fresh water cooled diesel with 2.7/1 reduction gear.
- 12-volt 90 amp alternator
- 60 gallon custom aluminum fuel tank, vented and grounded
- Racor fuel filter/water separator.
- Engine oil drip pan
- Flexible four point engine mount system to minimize vibration and noise
- Complete engine access provided by sound and heat insulated removable panels.
- Tachometer, hour meter, volt, oil, and temperature gauges are recessed in cockpit face
- Fuel gauge mounted at nav station
- 1 3/8" Aquamet prop shaft passes through a glassed in log, PSS dripless shaft seal with bronze strut and three blade sailor propeller
- Vacuum bagged, Divinycell cored structure hand laminated with structural E glass
- ISO NPG gelcoat
- Inward turning deck to hull joint with integral teak toe rail
- Bulkheads, berth faces, shelves and floor stringers laminated to hull to provide additional structural reinforcement.
- Choice of step or traditional transom
- Deck is fastened to the hull using stainless steel through bolts
- 3M 5200 Polyurethane sealant used in hull/deck joint.
- Fully equipped Sabre Tool Drawer
- Cockpit locker and hangi ng locker lights
- 4 type A: B: C fire extinguishers
- Activated carbon water filter on FW system
- Marelon flush through hulls with sea valves
- Double icebox with two lids and front opening door
- Propane Force 10 stove with oven
- Automatic electric bilge pump
- Manual, cockpit mounted bilge pump
- Laminated trim on counter tops and shelving
- Ash hull ceilings
- Hall Spar mast head rigged Aluminum mast and boom with white Awlgrip finish
- Triple, airfoil spreaders
- Pre-wired with radio cable
- Stainless steel chainplates thru-bolted to chainplate bulkheads which are bonded to the hull. Chainplates grounded to the keel.
- Standing rigging is Navtec rod
- All running rigging is color coded
- Fin and bulb/wing versions available cast in lead with antimony added for strength. Keel is through bolted to sump with stainless steel bolts and bronze nuts.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Brewer Yacht Sales, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Clarks Landing Yacht Sales.