2005 Mast & Mallet 40 Thomas Point Hardtop Cruiser
PLEASE CALL FOR A LIST OF UPGRADES/IMPROVEMENTS SINCE 2016
40' Mast & Mallet 40 Thomas Point Hardtop Cruiser, 2005. Custom built with full keel, single Cummins QSC8.3, 490 hp Common Rail diesel with 1086 hours. 6 kw generator, 2 zone A/C, 2 solar panels, bow and stern thruster, galley down, king-sized berth in owner's stateroom.
ManufacturerMast & Mallet
Model40 Thomas Point Hardtop Cruiser
LocationMarblehead, MA, US
Vessel NameEAU DE VIE
Designer:FM Kaufman Design Inc, Severna Park, MD
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length40 ft - 12.19 meter
LOA:40 ft - 12.19 meter
Beam:13 ft 6 in - 4.11 meter
Draft - max:3 ft 8 in - 1.12 meter
Bridge Clearance:11 ft 6 in - 3.51 meter
Model:QSC83 Common Rail
Horsepower:490 (Individual), 490 (combined)
HULL & DECK:
- Awlgripped Maroon hull, white boottop, black bottom.
- Composite construction - cold molded with layers of strip cedar planks, epoxy-glued. The exterior of the hull is saturated with epoxy and sheathed in layers of 10 oz fiberglass cloth for extra strength. The interior surfaces are coated in epoxy as well for a strong, ultra light hull.
- Long solid fiberglass keel; fiberglass side decks painted light gray.
- Fiberglass swim platform; transom door for boarding.
- Nick Jackson dinghy davit system with 12V remote.
- Heavy duty Gray Stamoid cockpit Bimini with S/S aft supports.
- Varnished teak exterior trim including double teak sliding doors into salon.
- Varnished spruce hull ceiling in cockpit.
- S/S bow and side rails aft to cockpit.
- S/S handrails with extra handrails added.
- Six S/S portlights; one Lewmar deck hatch and two overhead hatches.
- Laid and caulked teak cockpit.
- Built-in aft cockpit bench seat with striped cushions with storage under.
- Textaline covers for all windows.
- Lofrans dual action windlass.
Fuel: 300 gallons in 2-150 gallon aluminum tanks
Water: 70 gallons under forward bunk.
Holding: 35 gallons.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single Cummins QSC8.3 Common Rail diesel, 490 hp, FWC, with approximately 1086 hours as seen on the hour meter.
- Sidepower bow SP 7.5 and stern SP 5.5 stern thrusters.
- Twin Disc transmission.
- Ultraflex hydraulic steering with S/S wheel at starboard helm.
- Bus heater off engine cooling.
- Lenco trim tabs.
- Cummins throttle controls.
- 12V electric engine hatches; very well insulated engine room.
- Two Racor fuel filters.
- Wireless docking system.
- Cruising speed: 12 knots @ 1800 RPM; 14 knots @ 2100 RPM.
- Maximum speed: 18-20 knots @ 2600 RPM.
- 12V-110V electrical system with AC-DC circuit breaker panels.
- Onan 6kw generator, 350 hours.
- 2 zone air conditioning-reverse cycle heat.
- Atwood S/S 11 gallon hot water heater.
- Charles C charger 5000 SP Series.
- 50 amp Cablemaster shore power cord system.
- 2017 installed two large solar panels to keep house batteries trickle charged (to keep refrigerator operating all week).
- Two 8D batteries, one for house and one for engine.
- Two battery switches with combiner.
- 4 Rule electric bilge pumps and shower sump.
- 12V oil change system.
- Fuel and water gauges.
- Xantrex Prosine 2000w inverter.
- 27" Tashiba TV in salon with DVD & stereo with numerous Bose speakers; TV raises and lowers in cabinet to port.
- Magnavox TV & Bose system in owner's stateroom - not hooked up.
- KVH Trac Vision C3 TV antenna (old-sold AS IS) in forward cabin.
- For four in a lovely traditional Herreshoff style interior.
- Chain locker forward.
- King-sized berth forward with numerous storage lockers outboard and hanging locker aft.
- Next aft to starboard is the enclosed head with Bemis Vacuflush head, Corian counters, sink with hot and cold pressure water, and a large stall shower with folding door.
- Opposite to port is the U-shaped galley with Corian countertops, round S/S sink, hot plate, coffeemaker, microwave, and Frigiboat refrigerator and freezer; also, a trash locker.
- Next up to the spacious main salon with port and starboard built-in helm and companion seats with cream-colored ultra leather cushions.
- The electrical panels are to port and starboard also.
- Next aft to port is the built-in entertainment center separated by two built-in handsome seats with ultra leather cushions.
- Opposite to starboard is a three-seat "cream" ultra leather couch which converts to a double berth.
- There is an attractive hi-lo teak table with moveable cushioned box seats which tuck under each end of the table.
- There is a varnished teak and holly sole throughout.
- Overhead Sounddown acoustical ceiling.
- Salon windows slide open; hinged salon double doors.
- Halogen dome lights with dimmers.
- All reading lights are LED.
- Raymarine C120 Radar-GPS with depthsounder.
- Standard Horizon 3500s VHF radio.
- Ritchie 4" compass.
- Azimuth 1000 electronic compass.
- Raymarine Autopilot 6000 with remote.
- Textaline covers for all salon windows.
- 3 Roca double-arm wipers with washers.
- ACR searchlight.
- Holding tank gauge.
- Fresh water washdown at bow in port locker.
- Starboard bow lockers hold fenders.
- Claw-type galvanized anchor with 100' chain on roller and 100' anchor rode.
- Fenders, docklines, flares, life jackets.
- Boathook, fire extinguishers.
- EXCLUSIONS: DISHES, UTENSILS, GLASSES, 2010 ACHILLES 10' INFLATABLE DINGHY WITH TOHATUSU 9.9 4 STROKE OUTBOARD WITH TRAILER (TRAILER NEVER IN WATER), 2 TEAK COCKPIT CHAIRS AND FOLDING TABLE.
COMMENTS: The 40' Mast & Mallet Sedan Cruiser offers the best of the hull of a Downeast lobster cruiser, with the shallow draft of 3'8" of the Chesapeake designs for cruising the Bahamas of the inland waterways. She is extremely handsome with her Maroon hull and white superstructure. She is in outstanding condition and has a single Cummins 490 hp Common Rail diesel for super quiet running. Other outstanding features include bow and stern thrusters, 6 kw generator, 2 zone A/C, a 12V dinghy davit system, bimini over cockpit, not too much exterior varnished teak trim, solar panels, and much more. She shows like a much newer vessel than her 14 years. If you have been looking for the ideal couples cruising vessel to do "the Loop" or go South, please come inspect EAU DE VIE. You will not be disappointed. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Brewer Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Gray & Gray Yachts.(7151349)