1994 Catalina MKI
Major Price reduction of $10,000.00. She is seriously for sale, well equipped, ready to go and looking for offers!
The present owner bought Gypsy in 2004. Having retired to Florida and moved to the "dark side" he is now offering her for sale. She is the 2 stateroom, Pullman master cabin with 4'10" draft configuration. The Catalina 42 has proven to be an ever popular design from her comfort below to her sailing ability and layout on deck. Gypsy is priced well and is looking for offers. She has just been launched and is ready to go.
LocationSolomons, MD, US
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length42 ft - 12.8 meter
LOA:42 ft - 12.8 meter
Beam:13 ft 10 in - 4.22 meter
Draft - max:4 ft 10 in - 1.47 meter
Bridge Clearance:58 ft 7 in - 17.86 meter
Horsepower:54 (Individual), 54 (combined)
Fuel Tank:46 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Fresh Water Tank:111 gallons - 1 tank(s)
The Catalina 42 MK I has a lovely cruising interior. Teak cabinetry and teak and holly sole coupled with her light colored fabrics gives her a warm yet bright interior. Two couples can cruise comfortably with her 2 private staterooms with their own ensuite heads.
The chain locker is in for forepeak followed by the master head with hanging wet locker forward, sink and vanity to starboard and head to port. The true Master Suite is forward and just aft of the Master head. Here you will find numerous drawers, shelving along the starboard side. To port is her large Pullman style berth with reading lights, shelving outboard and teak ceiling strips lining the hull for a cozy and well finished feel. Opening ports on both sides for wonderful ventilation.
From the Master cabin you enter into the voluminous Main Salon. The Navigation station and entertainment center is to starboard followed by a curved settee. To port is her large U-shaped dinette and dining table. There are port lights along the cabin as well as in the hull, together with her overhead hatches, is part of what makes her interior so bright.
Aft of the dinette, and to port of the companionway, is her very large galley. the galley is L-shaped till you lift up the counter extension and then she is a true Sea Galley. The aft end of the galley has a huge amount of storage as well as a pantry. There is also access to the Port cockpit locker.
Opposite her galley is the second full head. It has a double access entry from the main salon as well as the private aft cabin. The second private cabin is a very nice size quarter cabin with plenty of shelving for clothes and a large double berth.
The centerline companionway leads to her comfortable cockpit with pedestal wheel and table. Her cockpit is quite large and the decks are uncluttered and easy to get around. The 42 was one of the first boats with the stern step feature and it's nicely incorporated into the lines of the boat. It also makes for easy access when boarding or swimming.
Wonderfully laid out galley with plenty of counter space for food preparation as well as a ton of storage space for utensils as well as food stores for extended cruising.
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Hand pump for cold if needed
- 3 burner propane stainless steel Princess stove with oven and chop block top
- Microwave oven
- Plenty of under counter drawers
- Large refrigeration box
- Large pantry with multiple pullout basket shelving
- Additional flip up counter for more prep space
- Suspended shelf over sink for glasses
- Multiple lockers outboard
- Furuno GPS/WASS Navigator (Nav station)
- Horizon Intrepid VHF (with RAM in cockpit)
- Premier AM/FM stereo (with cabin and cockpit speakers)
- Raytheon ST60 multi data (Nav Station) (to be replaced)
- Flat screen TV
- Raytheon Autopilot
- Raytheon Radar
- Raymarine Depth and chart plotter 2009
- Shoreside telephone and TV connictions
- Omni TV antenna
Electrical and Mechanical
- Yanmar 50 diesel engine
- Freedom Link 2000 charger/inverter
- High output alternator
- Ample smart regulator
- Second 120V system for Airconditioning
- Reverse cycle AC and HT
- Wabasco diesel heater 2008
- 2 holding tanks
- New batteries installed May of 2019
Sails and Rigging
- Aluminum spar stepped on the keep
- Double spreaders
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging
- Strong Track system for the mainsaIL
- Lazy Jacks for mainsail
- Solid Boom Vang
- Schaffer roller furling for the genoa
- Genoa tracks on side decks
- Traveler forward of the companionway on cabin top
- All lines led aft to the cockpit
- Self-tailing primary winches
- Main sail and 130% Genoa (cleaned and inspected annually thru 2017)
- Whisker pole mounted on the front of the mast
- Stainless steel double anchor roller
- Rocknac anchor with all chain
- Electric Windlass
- Fortress anchor in lazarette
- Wing keel with 4'10" draft
- 3 blade mechanical prop - like Max prop
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with side stanchions and double life lines (all life lines were replaced in 2018)
- Stainless steel stern rail with center gate and port and starboard seats, extremely long stern ladder for boarding or swimming
- Stainless steel dinghy davits
- Scooped transom for ease in boarding
- Cockpit cushions
- Dodger with Eisen glass and canvas covers
- Bimini with full enclosure
- Dock lines
- Life jackets
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.