1988 Viking 45 Convertible
The TELLURIAN is a 1988 model Viking 45 Convertible that was produced in 1987 by VIKING YACHTS of New Gretna, NJ. Powered by twin DETROIT DIESEL 6-71TIB's rated at 485 HP, the Viking 45 Convertible was an immediate marketing success given her quality of build, excellent performance and Jersey-style "good looks". One of the best sea-going hulls out there with her modified "V" underbody, the Viking 45 Convertible was .. and is .. a favorite of sport fisherman and Owners that also want a good, strong boat that can make speed, safely & comfortably, in a running sea as well.
The TELLURIAN has had only a handful of Owners since she was built & judging by her overall condition, all clearly knew what they were doing over the years. On the present Owners's watch, both of the DD 6-71TIB's have been rebuilt (2001 & 2018). This eliminates a huge liability for Owners who are looking for a long-term Ownership of this Viking 45C with her rugged & reliable GM power plants. The TELLURIAN does have the layout that features the "Guest Stateroom, Galley Down" setup that's also shown in the Listing's photo details.
Lightly-used over the past number of years, her Owner has now decided to sell the TELLURIAN. She'll benefit from a number of upgrades and improvements as all boats will, of course. The Viking Yachts Pedigree makes the TELLURIAN a yacht worth investing in and her presentation makes that an easier decision to make! Appointments and viewings are, without a doubt, encouraged for qualified prospects.
The TELLURIAN is currently located at her Winter Storage facility in Stamford, CT.
LocationStamford, CT, US
Boat TypeConvertible Boat
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length45 ft - 13.72 meter
LOA:45 ft 5 in - 13.84 meter
Beam:15 ft - 4.57 meter
Draft - max:4 ft - 1.22 meter
Bridge Clearance:12 ft 5 in - 3.79 meter
Dry Weight:39000 lbs
Cruise Speed:28 MPH
Horsepower:485 (Individual), 970 (combined)
Max Speed:33 MPH
Fuel Tank:600 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Fresh Water Tank:150 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Holding Tank:50 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- White Gelcoat
- Black Boot-Top
- Hand layup fiberglass w/ balsa core
- Modified "V" underbody
- Bottom: black (note: bottom paint done, June 2018 & zincs in Spring, 2019)
- White Gelcoat
- Molded-in non-skid
- (3) Opening hatches, BOMAR aluminum-frame, approx 20"x20"
- (6) Cleats, 12" mooring, stainless steel
The Viking 45 Convertible cockpit size is approximate 100 sq / ft overall.
The TELLURIAN's Cockpit was refurbished, September 2019. The new non-skid surface is painted with a Light Tan finish. The Bridge entrance detail at the top of the ladder has the same color after some minor repairs.
- Base plate for mounting one (1) fighting chair
- Storage space lockers in Cockpit Sole
- Bait / Fish Station forward, starboard side
- Salon entrance port side, forward
- Transom door, starboard side aft
- Bow Pulpit & safety rails w/ stanchions, stainless steel
- Grab rails along structure for side deck transit, aluminum
- Tournament-style Flybridge (note: can seat 6-8 comfortably)
- Helm Station w/ two Helm Seats, adjustable
- Wheel steering, hydraulic
- "Bench" seating forward & to starboard w/ storage underneath & forward
- Hard Top. fiberglass w/ White Gelcoat finish, aluminum support framework
- Electronics Arch incorporated into the Hard-Top for the Nav Lights & antenas
- Electronics Console, overhead, lockable
- Windshield / Spray shield, (3) section, heavy-duty Plexiglass, tinted
- Full Canvas Enclosure w/ zip-out EISENGLASS sections
- Engine Controls & Instruments: VDO gauges for oil pressure, voltmeter, temperature, engine synchronizers, AETNA digital tachometers, engine hours and Systems Monitor
- Controls for Remote Search Light (note: unit mounted on FB forward)
The TELLURIAN has the two-Stateroom layout with the "Galley Down" configuration. The Fore Cabin / Master Stateroom is forward and features a "Queen Centerline" berth. The Master Head is ensuite and has a full separate shower stall. The Guest Cabin is aft to starboard and has an "over / under" berthing arrangement. The Guest Head is opposite to port. The Galley is aft to port and has a Parquet sole. The primary Engine Room access is under the folding stairs that lead to the Salon. The doorway to the Cockpit is aft and to port.
- Teak interior joinery with a Satin Varnish finish
- Light Beige carpeting throughout (note: new, 2017-2018)
- Convertible "L" shaped couch-settee, Tan Leather-type upholstery (note: makes into a double berth)
- Chair, swivel
- Teak table w/ folding leaves
- Blinds for Salon windows, beige aluminum
- Overhead liner throughout, insulated vinyl
The TELLURIAN has two (2) Head compartments. One is ensuite to the Master Cabin forward and there is one to port & opposite the Guest Stateroom.
The Fore Cabin / Master Head has a separate stall shower. The Guest Cabin Head has a hand-held shower unit.
- Electric flush, USCG MSD Type 1
- Holding Tank Capacity: 50 USG to plastic tank
- Shower sump pump, electric w/ auto float switch, from Gray Water box
- Deck discharge access plate, starboard side deck, amidships
The TELLURIAN has the two-Stateroom layout with the "Galley Down" located forward, port side, in the Salon.
- PRINCESS stove w/ oven, (3) burner, electric (note: w/ wood cover for burner area & cutting board)
- SHARP Microwave & Convection Oven, Carousel II model
- DELONGI Toaster Oven
- KENMORE Refrigeration, upright w/ refrig & freezer functions
- Sink, single stainless steel
- Hot & cold pressure water w/ single-lever control
The asking price for the TELLURIAN is factored to consider the option for prospective Buyers to update and./or upgrade the current electronics inventory.
- VHF, ICOM Model M127
- DATAMARINE Sandpiper Speed / Log / Depth
- Radar, RAYTHEON Pathfinder RL70
- GPS, GARMIN GPS Map 4210
- Compass, RITCHIE 6"
- ROBERTSON AP 200 DL
- (2) TV's, PANASONIC 17" Color Monitors (note: located in Fore Cabin / Master Stateroom & Salon)
- Stereo, TECHNIQUES AM / FM
- VCR: (2) PANASONIC VHS Players (note: located in Fore Cabin / Master Stateroom & Salon)
- DVD / CD: (1) PANASONIC Player DVD-F87 (note: located in Salon)
The TELLURIAN is powered by a pair of DETROIT DIESEL 6-71TIB inline Marine Diesels that are rated at 485 HP each. They are (2) stroke (6) cylinder in-line engines.
Both engines have been maintained by STEWART AND STEVENS POWER PRODUCTS (Lodi, NJ but serviced out of the CT facility) since this Owner's purchase in 2000.
The PORT engine was rebuilt back in the 2000-2001 timeframe & approximately 520 hours have been logged since then on the rebuilt motor .
The STARBOARD engine was just rebuilt, Spring, 2018. The work was done by STEWART AND STEVENS POWER PRODUCTS (CT).
- Port engine rebuilt: 2000-2001 (note: approx 520 hours logged since rebuild, total time = (approx) 2595 hours)
- Starboard engine rebuilt: 2018 (note: approx 20 hours since rebuild, total time = (approx) 2596 hours)
- Fuel Capacity: 600 USG in (1) tank
- Engine Synchronizers
- MORSE Engine controls, manual (2x throttle, 2x shift)
- Emergency Engine Shut-Down, pull "T" handles at Helm Station
- RACOR fuel filters
- PERKO Engine raw water intake strainers w/ sight glasses
- Engine room blowers
- Transmissions: twin disk 1.5:1 ratio
The TELLURIAN has a 12 VDC Ship's Service and a 120 VAC Shore Power Systems.
- Batteries, 12 VDC: total (8) Group 31 located in (3) banks; (2) 12 VDC Port Engine Start in bank one, (2) 12 VDC Engine Start in bank two & (4) 12 VDC House / Utility in bank three (note: bank three batteries wired in parallel).
- Battery Switches: (4) Main Battery, House / Utility and Generator switches (rotary type) located via recessed access panel in Salon floor below the Companionway (from the Galley area to the Salon)
- Circuit Breakers & Panels for 12 VDC & 115 VAC Systems: located at Salon Entrance, port side aft.
- Breakers: (20) VDC & (18) VAC & (6) 240 VAC
- (2) Polarity Indicators, (1) for each 30 AH circuit
- Voltage & Amperage gauges, analog, in the Main Electrical Panel
- RARITAN Crown II "B" Series battery charger
- Shore Power: (2) 120 VAC 30 AH with a single 50 AH cord, 50' w/ adapter
- Shore Power Inlet: (2) 30 AH & (1) 240 VAC Master
- Outlets, exterior (in Cockpit & Flybridge, 110 VAC GFI's
- Outlets, interior: GFI's at Galley & Heads & "standard" units throughout
- Generator: KOHLER 8.5 kW (note: approx 3200 hours on the meter, located in Engine Room, centerline aft w/ sound shield
- RACOR fuel filter for generator
- Fresh water capacity: (160) USG in (1) tank, aluminum
- RARITAN 1700 Hot Water Heater. (12) USG
- Pumps: (1) fresh water pressure pump, (3) bilge pumps (forward, amidships & aft, all with auto float switches), (1) RULE sump pump w/ auto float switch for Gray Water (Head sinks & showers) box, (2) wash-down pumps
- Salt water wash-down
- Fresh-water wash-down
- Pressure dock fresh water hook-up
- MARINEAIR Reverse-Cycle Heat & Air Conditioning System, (3) zones; (2) 12k BTU (located in starboard engine compartment) & (1) 16k BTU located under Helm Station on Flybridge)
- Nav lights (side & stern)
- Anchor lights
- Cockpit lighting
- Courtesy lights below
- Lights in hanging lockers
- Overhead lights throughout
- Central Vacuum System
- Over / Under Washer & Dryer (note: in locker, port side forward)
- Search light, remote
- Hailer (note: mounted on FB forward)
- LOFRANS Progress II 24 VDC anchor windlass
- Foot controls at Windlass location for "up" & "down" functions and remote control at Flybridge Helm Station
- FORTRESS anchor, 20#'s
- Anchor rode, all chain "BBB" galvanized
- Bow Pulpit w/ single anchor roller
- AVON Cannister Life Raft (note: mounted on deck forward of FB, needs to be re-certified)
- (8) PFD's, USCG Type-1
- Horn, dual trumpet-type (note: mounted on Flybridge, port side)
- (3) Fire Extinguishers; (2) B1 Dry Chemical & (1) 20# HALON 1301 Dry Chemical
- (5) Cushions, seat-type USCG Type IV, throwable
- Boat hook
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.