1984 Bristol 31.1
"Chloe" is a fine example of the BRISTOL 31.1, designed by Hood Design Group.
Built in 1984, this centerboard design provides an exceptionally low draft of 3'6" when retracted and 7' when lowered, making it particularly suited to New England waters. She is also powered by a simple, but dependable Universal, 2 cylinder, 18hp diesel.
Chloe was winterized and carefully shrink wrapped in the fall of 2016 pending its owners future use, but due to change of plans the boat is to be sold. She is currently stored at our yard and looking for a new owner to enjoy this fine classic.
LocationBarrington, RI, US
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length31 ft - 9.45 meter
LOA:31 ft 2 in - 9.5 meter
Beam:10 ft 2 in - 3.1 meter
Draft - max:7 ft - 2.13 meter
Bridge Clearance:47 ft - 14.33 meter
Horsepower:14 (Individual), 14 (combined)
Fuel Tank:18 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Fresh Water Tank:65 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- White Gelcoat topsides and deck
- Centerboard model: draft 3'6 up / 7' down
- Taller flared teak toe rails.
- Teak hand rails, trim and washboards
- Bow pulpit, double-rail, stainless steel
- Stern rail, double-rail, stainless steel w/ gate
- Swim ladder, folding, stainless steel w/ teak steps
- Upper & lower lifelines w/ 2 gates, port & starboard
- 6 Cleats, 8" mooring, aluminum
- 2 Dorade vents, fiberglass boxes w/ chromed cowl ventilators
- 4 cast aluminum opening portlights
- 2 cast aluminum fixed portlights
- 2 deck hatches
- Genoa tracks, inboard & outboard
- EDSON wheel steering w/ pedestal, binnacle guard, wheel brake
- 2 Cockpit storage lockers; port, starboard
- 2 Cockpit glove bins
This Bristol 31.1 has the standard layout arrangement with a V-Berth forward that has a small hanging locker, (3) drawers, storage over the berth, port & starboard, with Rattan center doors for proper ventilation.
There are 2 opening ports and an overhead hatch.
The Head is forward, to port with 2 doors; one leads to the Fore Cabin and one to the Salon. There is one opening port, H&C pressure water and shower service, a Marine toilet plumbed to the holding tank with a "Y" valve.
Opposite is storage with a small hanging locker and 3 drawers.
The Salon has a bulkhead-mounted teak table. There are opposing settee / berths with storage under & over. The port side settee converts to a double berth. The Galley is aft to starboard and with an icebox. The sit-down Nav Station has a table and is aft to port.
- Teak interior joinery, varnished
- Bulkhead table, teak, varnished, folding w/ drop leaf
- Interior upholstery, Blue fabric
- V-Berth cushions, (1) filler section & (2) "side" sections
- Book cases in Salon, port & starboard
- SHIPMATE propane stove w/ oven, 3 burner, gimballed, stainless steel.
- Sink, single stainless steel
- Hot & cold pressure water service
- Marine Head w/ "Y" valve for Holding Tank or overboard discharge (
- Holding Tank w/ deck discharge access plate
- Pressure hot & cold water service
- Hand-held shower
- 3 Batteries, 12 VDC, WEST MARINE Group 24: (2) House / Utility & 1 Engine Start
- Battery Parallel Switch
- 12V Electrical Panel w/ 16 breakers
- 110V Electrical Panel w/ 4 breakers
- Reading lights.
- Overhead dome lights.
- Datamarine Instrumentation, Depth sounder, Wind indicator and Log
- VHF, Standard Horizon Eclipse
- UNIVERSAL M18 two-cylinder diesel, 14 HP
- HURTH transmission w/ 2:1 reduction
- Fuel tank, 18 US Gallons, aluminum
- 2 Blade bronze propeller
- Shaft, 1" bronze
- Canvas Dodger. (Light Tan SUNBRELLA)
- USCG Gear (include PFD's, no flares)
- Fire extinguishers
- Emergency tiller, galvanized steel
- Horseshoe Life-Ring
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.