1975 Contessa 35
An absolute beauty with new awlgrip (in 2014), new barrier coated bottom, newer Yanmar (2002) with approximately 700 hours, refurbished interior, Espar diesel heat, solid hand laid fiberglass hull, newer electronics Fairclough winter cover and very nice sails! Refurbished and customized by her marine professional owner and is available due to recent change in the owner's plans. A fast fin-keeled cruiser/ racer with tiller steering, sturdy construction and timeless lines. She has a proven race record and won't disappoint. You will not find another Contessa 35 as well maintained as this one!
ANDARA, has undergone an extensive structural and cosmetic refit under her current owner of 18 years. The interior was stripped down to the stringers and rebuilt with new bulkheads, furniture, water and electrical systems and electronics. A large portion of the cabin house and deck was re-cored at the same time. In short, this vessel is one of the most modern and structurally sound Contessa 35's to be found today. In addition, the hull was stripped below the waterline and barrier coated in 2010 and the topsides Awlgripped in 2014. This is a beautiful boat to behold and one that can take her new owner around the world or around the buoys with equal ease.
The Contessa 35 was ahead of her time when designed by Doug Peterson and she is still competitive today. She lacks nothing and is a must-see beauty. Please view the photos. She is available with the option of a slip at an upscale Rhode Island marina.....there is no sales tax on boats in RI. Easily shipped worldwide from 2 local shipping ports.
LocationWarwick, RI, US
Boat TypeRacer and Cruiser
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length35 ft - 10.67 meter
LOA:35 ft 6 in - 10.82 meter
Beam:11 ft 6 in - 3.51 meter
Draft - max:-
Builder: Jeremy Rogers Yachts - Lymington, England
Designer: Doug Peterson
Keel: Fin Rudder: Spade
LOA: 35 ft 6 in
Beam: 11 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 10 in - modified with 6" lead keel shoe Engine
Yanmar 3JH3E Diesel Inboard 40 HP
Installed new in 2002. W/ approx. 700 hours @ 10/2018
Custom Fresh Water: 56 gal in two tanks
Custom Fuel Tanks:46 gal in two tanks
ANDARA, has undergone an extensive structural and cosmetic refit under her current owner of 18 years. The interior was stripped down to the stringers and rebuilt with new bulkheads, furniture, water and electrical systems and electronics. A large portion of the cabin house and deck was re-cored at the same time. In short, this vessel is one of the most modern and structurally sound Contessa 35's to be found today. In addition, the hull was stripped below the waterline and barrier coated in 2010 and the topsides Awlgripped in 2014.
Sleeps a total of 7. One in Quarter Berth, 4 in the Main Salon and 2 in forecastle pipe-berths. One Lavac head w/ raw water flush. Interior furniture is either solid teak, teak laminates or veneered teak over marine ply with varnish finish. Teak and holly cabin sole new in 2003. Removable vinyl covered overhead panels. Blue upholstery in the saloon.
Open forecastle for sail and gear stowage with 2 pipe berths. Anchor locker at bow.
Located aft of the forecastle on the port side is the head. Single fiberglass unit with Lavac manual head. Pressure hot and cold water with Telephone type shower. Mirror and gear/toiletries shelves.
Across from forward head are two hanging lockers with drainage for wet gear, two large equipment drawers and an equipment locker.
Located aft of the forward cabin and head. "L" shaped settee to port with pilot berth outboard. Straight settee to starboard with pilot berth outboard. Fixed table on the centerline with leaves port and starboard.
Located aft of the saloon on the starboard side. Forward facing.
Located opposite the navigation station and aft of the main saloon. "U" shaped. White corian counter tops. One stainless steel sink near the centerline. Single Ice Chest. Origo 2 burner non-pressurized alcohol stove with oven. Drawers and lockers.
Located aft of the navigation station on the starboard side.
- Solid fiberglass hull using polyester resin
- Bottom treated with epoxy primer (2010) and painted
- Structural bulkheads are marine grade plywood. All high-gloss varnish.
- Awlgripped in 2014 (color: Beaujolais) and clear coated
- Gold Awlgrip Cove Stripe and Oyster White Boot Stripes
- Fin keel with 6" additional lead shoe at base. Keel bolts re-tourqued in 2017
- Spade rudder new in 1998 with aluminum stock, and aluminum rudder cap (replaced in 2005)
- Tiller steering with Raymarine Tiller Pilot
- Bronze through hulls
- Grounded throughout
- Deck cored with end-grain balsa wood and closed cell foam (2003 repairs)
- Inward flange hull-to-deck joint through-bolted.
- New teak toe rail in 2003.
- Single cockpit
- Stainless steel stem head fitting with single anchor housing
- Stainless steel bow rail
- Stainless steel stern rail
- Stainless steel stanchions
- Large port and starboard boarding gates
- Large port side cockpit locker
- 2 x Lewmar deck hatches for ventilation - glass replaced in 2005
- Port and Starboard fixed cabin house windows replaced in 2003
- Lexan cabin house window offshore shutters
- Genoa tracks
- Harken Mainsheet track
- Tiller with extension and cover and Emergency Tiller
- Lexan hatch slides; emergency hatch slide
- Frame and dodger
- 2 x Lewmar 46, 2 speed, self tailing, primaries in cockpit
- 2 x Lewmar 44, 2 speed, self tailing, secondaries in cockpit
- 9 secondary winches mounted on cabin top
- Five winch handles
ENGINE and EQUIPMENT
- Yanmar 3JH3E, 40hp, naturally aspirated, 3x cylinder diesel (new 2002). 1" Monel propeller shaft new in 2002.
- Fresh water cooled via heat exchanger
- Approx. 700 hours - oil changed every 50 hours; professionally maintained
- Kanzaki Tuff-Torque transmission model KM3P4 (2.61:1)
- 2 x 1/8" aluminum diesel fuel tanks (23 Gallons each) located under main saloon settees
- Engine Spares (filters, belts, etc.)
- Racor primary filter
- 17" (63mm) 3-blade Max-Prop propeller (2001)
- Dripless shaft seal replaced in 2017
- Yanmar engine panel includes: RPM, oil pressure, temperature and coolant alarms
- Morse control and cables (2002)
- Oil, coolant, filters and impeller changed 11/2014
Engine space: Located under the cockpit. Additional access from aft and cockpit locker.
Plumbing and Ventilation
- Espar D5LC 12V diesel cabin heater
- 2 x 14 gauge stainless steel T316 water tanks (28 gallons each) located under main saloon settees
- 6 gallon water heater. Water heated via engine heat exchanger or 110volt
- 5 gallon plastic black water tank
- 1x Shurflo 2088-414-934, 45psi, 12-volt fresh water pressure pump with expansion tank
- 1x electric 1,250 GPM bilge pump, with automatic float-switch
- 1x Whale Gusher 10 MK3 manual bilge pump located in the cockpit
- 1x Lavac manual head with raw water flush
- 1x Henderson Mk V black water pump
- 1x Whale Galley Gusher Mk III fresh water foot pump at galley
- 1x Whale Galley Gusher Mk III fresh water foot pump in head
- 1x Whale Gusher Urchin manual diaphragm pump for head sink and shower sump
- Newmar AC/DC Electrical panel located at the navigation station (new 2002) with volt- and amp-meters
- 12 volt DC system. Vessel rewired in 2003.
- 2 x 12 volt Lifeline Group 31 AGM batteries
- Guest battery selector switch
- 1 x 55 amp Hitachi alternator
- 100 amp Ample Power AC battery charger
- 110 volt system (new 2002)
- In-line Galvanic Isolator
- 12 volt navigation lights, steaming light, deck lights, spreader lights and anchor lights (new 2002)
- 12 volt interior lights (NEW 2002)
- Raytheon sailing instruments include (2003);
- Raytheon ST60 depth instrument in cockpit
- Raytheon ST60 boat speed instrument in cockpit
- Raytheon ST60 wind instruments in cockpit
- 2x Raytheon ST60 multi-function displays in cockpit
- Raymarine Tiller Pilot
- Other instruments include:
- Furuno GPS
- Icom IC-M59 VHF - masthead antenna
- Standard Horizon Spectrum VHF with remote access microphone - antenna on stern rail
- ICOM M710RT SSB Radiotelephone
- SCS PTC-II DSP Multimode Pactor Modem Controller
- HF email modem
- USB Connection to navigation instruments
- Kenwood KDC3025-MRCC AM/FM stereo/CD Player (Satellite Radio Capable) with 4 speakers inside and in cockpit
- 2x Ritchie 4" bulkhead compasses in cockpit
- Aluminum, single spreader, keel stepped mast painted white (rig removed annually when vessel hauled)
- Stainless steel Navtec rod rigging
- 8mm Dyform wire backstay with insulators (2003)
- Custom removable baby stay and running backstays (2003)
- Sailtec hydraulic Backstay Adjuster (2003)
- Manual boom vang
- Halyards replaced in 2004
- Custom Aluminum boom
- Aluminum spinnaker pole (2011)
- Harken headsail roller furling
- North NSP390 8.6 oz Dacron, full batten, loose foot offshore mainsail with Battslide Car system and two reef points (new 2004)
- Hathaway, Rieser and Raymond 150% Kevlar Genoa
- HRR offshore, 130%, roller furling Pentex Genoa
- HRR 100% Kevlar Genoa
- HRR 1.5z Dacron Spinnaker
- HRR 0.75 oz Dacron Spinnaker
- Hood storm staysail
- Sheets, blocks, blocks and misc running rigging
- 40 kg Bruce Anchor (new)
- 20lb Danforth Anchor
- Oversized Fortress Anchor
- 1 x Horseshoe life ring
- 1 x Lifesling
- Emergency pull-down boarding ladder
- Numerous spare parts
- Lee Cloths for all bunks
- Port and starboard Lifeline Weather Cloths with sail numbers
- Companionway Dodger (2004)
- Board-mounted Edson manual bilge pump
- Wind scoop
- Burgee Stick
- 4x Fenders with maroon covers (2011)
- 4x spare fenders
- 3 x dry powder fire extinguishers
- Wooden through hull plugs
- Danforth Anchor
- Nylon anchor rode
- Complete set of crockery and cutlery
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.