2005 Catalina Catalina Morgan 440 DS
"True Love" is seriously for sale and looking for offers. She is not only a lovely vessel but is suitable as a second home. One can take this home to almost any waterfront location, spend your winters in the Caribbean and summers in Maine. It can't get much better than that and you won't find a better maintained vessel any where!
"True Love" is an outstanding example of this unique Deck Saloon cruising interior and exterior configuration. She has been maintained with the utmost care and integrity. The comfort of this vessel is beyond anything else this broker has seen in this class. The Deck Saloon design signifies a raised cabin allowing for larger ports and an incredible amount of light and visibility below. This design does not take away from her exterior space as she has wonderful wide side decks for easy access to and from the fore deck. Her cockpit can accommodate more people than you will want to have aboard and has a step down transom for ease boarding either from the dinghy when on the hook or stern to at the dock. She has traditional yet full bodied lines as her hull is a Charlie Morgan with a modern and comfortable interior created by Catalina Yachts.
"True Love" gives you the fun and quiet of a luxury sailing vessel combined with the room of a large trawler's tremendous amount of comfort and storage space making for an overall great cruising yacht.
If you are looking for a vessel that is virtually new but offers a competitive used price, this is the yacht for you. "True Love" is a one-owner yacht that has only been sailed in the Chesapeake Bay. These are the kind of owners that one dreams about buying a boat from as she could not have received better care anywhere.
ModelCatalina Morgan 440 DS
LocationOxford, MD, US
Vessel NameTrue Love
Boat TypeDeck Saloon
Flag of Registry
Available for sale in U.S. watersYes
Length44 ft - 13.41 meter
LOA:151 ft - 46.02 meter
Beam:14 ft - 4.27 meter
Draft - max:4 ft 11 in - 1.5 meter
Horsepower:75 (Individual), 75 (combined)
Fuel Tank:100 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Fresh Water Tank:176 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Holding Tank:55 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Wonderfully large and comfortable interior with two private staterooms with their own private heads at either end of the vessel. Starting forward and aft of the chain locker is the first stateroom with centerline queen berth. Private head to starboard with separate shower stall, vanity and toilet. Two hanging lockers are opposite to port. Next one steps up to the raised salon with a huge U-shaped dinette to starboard that can convert to an additional queen sized berth and has a lovely multi-purpose varnished table. To port is a straight settee with the navigation station aft. Both seating areas offer additional storage space both under and outboard. The floor in the salon opens up to offer excellent access to the Generator, filters, and other mechanics of the vessel.
She has beautiful finishes in teak, ash and maple hardwoods that compliment her cream ultra leather upholstery for a rich feeling interior. Many of the hanging lockers are cedar lined, keeping your belongings fresh.
Aft of the dinette is a wonderful U-shaped Sea Galley with everything one could want for storage, counter space, refrigeration and food preparation. Aft of the Navigation station one will step down to the aft stateroom. Here is the second head with vanity, toilet and shower combination. Aft of the head there are a number of large cedar lined lockers along the hull sides, hanging as well as shelving. This stateroom also has a queen berth. A unique feature is the doorway from the aft stateroom to a compartment that is also accessed from the cockpit. This is known as the Bosun's locker, the present owner uses this area as a pantry, storage for additional lines, bumpers etc. but it can also house a washer/dryer combo and has the room for an additional berth or work station for the extended cruiser.
Her companionway is centerline and between the galley and aft head. This enters out on to her massive cockpit. Wonderful helm area, varnished teak boards cover the cockpit sole, easy access to the transom/swim platform and storage compartment in transom. Her decks are quite wide and have raised sides with a teak cap rail allowing for good footing much like having bulwarks around the deck.
Her U-shaped Sea Galley is to starboard as one enters from the companionway. Very convenient for service to the dinette and the cockpit. Nicely equipped and well appointed.
- 3 burner Propane stove with oven and solenoid valve
- 110V microwave oven
- Isotherm front loading 12V Stainless Refrigerator (new 2016)
- top loading refrigerator/freezer compartment
- GraniteKote Molded countertops and backsplash
- All her galley ware convey with the boat (dishes, classes, pots, silverware)
Electronics and Navigation
- Raymarine ST6001 Versus Autopilot
- Icom VHF Radio
- Ray marine ST60+ Wind Speed and Direction at helm
- Ray marine ST60+ Tridata Speed/Depth combo at helm
- Ray marine ST60+ Graphic Repeater at navigation station
- Pioneer FM/CD/DVD Stereo with cockpit and salon speakers and CD changer
- 20" LCD flat screen TV w/cable inlet and masthead antenna
- Tank Monitor system for waste and water tanks
- 5KW Northern Lights Generator w/Soft Soundshield (475 hours)
- Heart Freedom 2000 watt Inverter w/Remote Panel
- 1-12V and 2 - 110V Ships Service Panels at Nav station - battery switches
- Balmar Multistage High Output 100 amp Engine Alternator
- 50 amp Dockside Shore Power system and 2 50 amp cords
- (3) 8D House Batteries (660+ amps) - New in June 2018
- Galvanic Isolator
Deck and Hull
- White fiberglass hull with blue stripes
- Wing Keel
- 31" Stainless steel side stanchions with double life lines
- Stainless steel Dual Roller Anchor Davit
- Leather wrapped wheel
- Large divided anchor locker
- Electric anchor Windlass with 5/16" Chain Gypsy and up/down switches
- 45ob CQR anchor with chain and rode
- Spare Danforth anchor
- Anchor wash down pump with hose
Canvas - Matching blue
- Dodger with rollup front and side window covers
- Bimini top with trim window and boot
- Connector between bimini and dodger
- Full cockpit enclosure
- Wheel, binnacle and table cover
- Outboard motor cover
- Shore power cord cover
- Closed cell foam cockpit cushions
Sails and Rigging
- Fully Batten mainsail with In-Boom furling system
- 135% Furling Genoa
- Schaffer headsail furling gear
- (1) Electric cabintop winch
- (2) Electric Harken genoa sheet winches - 2 speed
- All sail controls lead aft to the cockpit
- Rigid Style Boom Vang
- Large Midships adjustable traveler
- Outboard genoa tracks with adjustable cars
- Charleston Spar Aluminum Mast with double spreaders
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging
Mechanical and Engine Equipment
- Yanmar 75HP FWC diesel (775hrs)
- 5KW Northern Lights Generator (475HRS)
- 2 - Zone 28K BTU CruiseAir Reverse Cycle Air and Heat Systems (16K and 12K)
- 3 Blade feathering Max Prop
- Electric Anchor Windlass with 5/16" high tensile Chain Gypsy
- (2) Electric Flush toilets with holding tanks and deck pompous
- Inflatable Zodiac dinghy
- Outboard Yamaha engine for dinghy
- Teak cockpit grate
- Large cockpit table with teak leaves
- Leather wrapped wheel
- Misc safety equipment
- Dock lines
- (8) cabin fans 4 of which are Hella Fans.
- Cockpit cushions
2 pictures; 1 in the master cabin and 1 in the guest cabin. All other art conveys with the vessel.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
She is presently in the water at Brewers Oxford Boatyard. Please contact Laird Larrimore for showing instructions.